It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

new bootdrive

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

adri

new bootdrive

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello Martin:

I had to upgrade my PC (now at 64gB RAM, yeah!); and added a new C:\ drive as SSD for faster booting up. But of course, all my ca. 1.2TB Hauptwerk files are still sitting on my old C:\ drive that's now the D:\ drive.

So, that's a problem. How do I tell Hauptwerk easily and 'en masse' that all functions and files and exe's are now on the D:| drive, when it's trying to find everything on "C".

I don't have space on my SSD to accommodate all the HW files, over a Terrabyte already. And growing! Still adding organs!

Thanks!

sonar11

Re: new bootdrive

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 pm

If you're in a rush and want to play tonight while Martin is probably sleeping... I think you need to fire up the hauptwerk installer and just set the paths to your d drive? There are few folders in the HW installer that you can choose, they are all set to c, but when you "reinstall" and choose D for all your folders (think there is 4 of them or so) then you should be good.

I think anyway... this comment not subject to warranty or "fitness of use!" :)

mdyde

Re: new bootdrive

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 am

Hello Adri,

Yes -- to confirm Sonar11's reply (thanks Sonar11), you just need to run the (current v4.2.1 version of) the Hauptwerk installer, select the Custom option, then change the first character of each of the paths from C to D (without changing any other characters in the paths, assuming that you had previously installed in the default locations).

(Note that the installer automatically puts things inside a "'Hauptwerk" folder within whatever path you specify, so with the default paths of "C:\" it will actually put the files in "C:\Hauptwerk". Hence you shouldn't type the "Hauptwerk" part in the installer manually, otherwise the files would end up in "C:\Hauptwerk\Hauptwerk".)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support