It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

How to delete an organ from the 32-list?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

organplayer

How to delete an organ from the 32-list?

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello,
I cued some organs (full versions and demos) to some of the 32 places in the list. Now I have to rearrange this list. I know how to overwrite a place with another organ. But how to make a occupied position / place just empty (blank)? (I would like to reserve some empty places for future organs) I didn't find the answer in the manual or in the forum.
regards
organplayer

jkinkennon

Re: How to delete an organ from the 32-list?

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 10:57 pm

You may get a better answer than this, but I've noticed that if one selects and tries to load an organ that has been uninstalled then the name of the organ gets cleared out. I haven't figured out how to remove an organ that is installed but assigned to more than one of the 32 locations. I figured this out today while uninstalling dozens of demos and free organs that I knew I would never need again.

organplayer

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 am

Yes, I know that the place becomes "empty" if you uninstall that organ. But I don't like to uninstall the organ and loose all the corresponding settings. I would like just to clear the name in the cue. Hopefully Martin will answer this question. If there is no official function there should be an entry in a xml-file or whatever which can be edited manually? Another way would be to create and load an "empty" organ with the name "---" :? That would be ok for me :?

mdyde

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 am

Hello organplayer,

This previous topic covers it: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14902

mdyde wrote:The only supported way currently (Hauptwerk v4.2.1) to change a 'favourite' assignment is to load the relevant organ and re-assign it to the favourite slot that you now want it to occupy. However, we do have an enhancement request logged for the future for Hauptwerk to have more comprehensive editing facilities for favourite assignments.
Apart from assigning another organ to the relevant 'favourite' slot, if you really wanted to, you could actually cause the slot to be cleared by un-installing the relevant organ ('File | Un-install ...') and then trying to load the the organ via the 'favourite' slot. Hauptwerk will then see that the relevant organ is no longer present and clear the slot (set it back to blank).

(As mentioned there), the only way within Hauptwerk to clear an entry from a 'favourite organ' slot is to un-install the organ. However, it doesn't hurt to have the same organ assigned to multiple slots, so there's no real need to clear a slot anyway; you can just leave the organ harmlessly assigned there and it makes no functional difference if you aren't going to be using that particular slot anyway.

organplayer wrote:If there is no official function there should be an entry in a xml-file or whatever which can be edited manually?

Definitely please don't try to do that. Hauptwerk settings file are internal and undocumented, and you risk breaking your Hauptwerk installation. Editing Hauptwerk's internal files manually is very definitely not supported!
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm

There is a little trick, which does the job.

Rename the ODF and try to load the favourite. If Hauptwerk does not find the corresponding ODF (obviously it searches for the file name) it deletes the entry from the favourite list. Finally, rename the ODF back to the original name.

Chris

organplayer

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 4:12 pm

I found another way today: A custom organ! I changed the name - at all the short name - in one of the prepared custom organs. You can enter what you want i.e."blank", "empty". I by myself entered just 3 spaces (You have to enter at least one character!). Save the file and load the custom organ. The field with the short name of the organ is now empty (or whatever you entered), Now you can cue this "organ" to whatever place you want and the entry seems to be empty (in my version).

To make it "perfect", I changed the corresponding names in the file too. In my case I called the organ "---Empty organ---" :D . I also disabled all ranks when loading this "organ" the first time, so it loads on the fly whenever I need it.

It is just a little bit of work, but it has to be done only once and it is hopefully just a temporate workaround for the missing "Clean entry"-function :?

Return to Technical support