It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

Setting Combination Actions on Computer Keyboard

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

damuehlbauer

Setting Combination Actions on Computer Keyboard

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 1:05 pm

I am in the process of configuring a Paramount 320 on Basic Hauptwerk. At this point, I'm using the same computer I use for other purposes and don't have a touchscreen or Launchpad or anything (future purchases!).

I assigned some of the Combination Pistons to the keys on my computer keyboard, but when I changed the stops assigned to those buttons (e.g., Great 01), the computer keyboard sets the original stops, not the stops I had changed to. If I click on the combination button with my mouse I get the new settings. The keyboard -- the old settings.

I'm confused. But more importantly I'm wondering if I buy a Launchpad and assign Great 01 to one of those buttons and later re-set the combination will I get the new (re-set) stops, or the stops that were assigned when I programmed the Launchpad?
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

mdyde

Re: Setting Combination Actions on Computer Keyboard

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello damuehlbauer,

[Topice moved here.]

It isn't possible for any given combination to have two different stored registrations.

My first guess is that you had actually assigned the computer key to trigger a different combination piston from the one you intended.

Please first make sure that SET and SCOPE modes are both turned off (on the Registration large control panel, for example), then right-click on the virtual combination button/piston, select 'Auto-detect ...' and auto-detect it to the relevant computer key, then click the Done button on the auto-detection screen.

Does the computer key then trigger the same registration as clicking on specifically the virtual piston that you auto-detected the computer key to? It should.

(Please note also that Hauptwerk's 'master generals' are usually *separate* combinations from any generals that a sample set producer might have included on the virtual console.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

damuehlbauer

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks. I discovered my error. I had misread my own notes about which piston I assigned to each computer key.

:oops:
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

mdyde

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks. No problem. At least it was easily solved!
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support