It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 am

Behringer UMX610 Key Action

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Tweedle_Dee

Behringer UMX610 Key Action

PostFri May 18, 2018 2:11 pm

I posted previously about choosing the UMX over the M-Audio keyboard because of its superior action (in my opinion) for a project I'm working on. So, I bought a new Behringer because I couldn't find any on CL and needed it quickly for measurements and such. That was fine and I'm happy with it. However, I just purchased a used unit off of CL for the 2nd manual and its key action is way stiffer, which I really don't like.

Does anyone know if Behringer reduced the key tension on this model at some point in its production? I have no idea how old mine is.

organtechnology

Re: Behringer UMX610 Key Action

PostFri May 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Tweedle_Dee wrote:I posted previously about choosing the UMX over the M-Audio keyboard because of its superior action (in my opinion) for a project I'm working on. So, I bought a new Behringer because I couldn't find any on CL and needed it quickly for measurements and such. That was fine and I'm happy with it. However, I just purchased a used unit off of CL for the 2nd manual and its key action is way stiffer, which I really don't like.

Does anyone know if Behringer reduced the key tension on this model at some point in its production? I have no idea how old mine is.

I really believe they did. So much in fact that we quit offering modified UMX610s as a product because Behringer was very unhelpful about what happened and when.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Tweedle_Dee

Re: Behringer UMX610 Key Action

PostFri May 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Okay thanks. I'm glad to have confirmation anyway.

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI