It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

Windows 7 driver installation problem

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Prof-41

Windows 7 driver installation problem

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 am

Hi everyone.

OK Brief history. I have been running HW (Advanced) for over 8 years on Windows 7 - 64bit Pro. Never had any problem, everything installing perfectly first time. The PC is not connected to the internet and due to location this is not possible. Therefore there have been no updates except those that were applied on the initial installation of the operating system when the PC was built and based on the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I have never thought about it.

Now for the problem. I have been using the good old M-Audio Delta 1010LT audio interface but now wanted, at reasonable cost, an interface with 16 analogue outputs. I came across the Cymatic LP-16... ooooh! looks nice at less than £300...ooooh! nicer!, so I went ahead and purchased it.

Following the instructions from Cymatic I downloaded the device and driver package and a Microsoft Hotfix update (KB 3123479) supposedly to enable earlier versions of Windows 7 to recognise signed driver certificates or something like that. I regret I am not very computer literate. The Microsoft update installed OK but when I proceeded to install the driver package a message still came up saying Windows does not recognise the certificate. I clicked on install driver anyway and followed instructions to connect and turn on the device. Windows immediately said "can't do it mate, drivers not installed".

I have tried several times including disabling the M-Audio Delta drivers but to no avail. The Cymatic installation wizard says installation successful but Windows does not agree!

Any ideas please?

organtechnology

Re: Windows 7 driver installation problem

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 10:38 am

Hi,

I have discovered that computers cause baldness (they make you pull your hair out from frustration) and that
drivers sometimes do not install for no obvious reason.

Some things I would try are:
Right click on the driver install package and left click on the line "Run as administrator"
Leave the audio module disconnected during installation
Turn off (normal shutdown process) the computer after the installation is complete
Attach the USB cable to the audio module and the computer. Use USB 2 connection.
Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

Prof-41 wrote:Hi everyone.

OK Brief history. I have been running HW (Advanced) for over 8 years on Windows 7 - 64bit Pro. Never had any problem, everything installing perfectly first time. The PC is not connected to the internet and due to location this is not possible. Therefore there have been no updates except those that were applied on the initial installation of the operating system when the PC was built and based on the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I have never thought about it.

Now for the problem. I have been using the good old M-Audio Delta 1010LT audio interface but now wanted, at reasonable cost, an interface with 16 analogue outputs. I came across the Cymatic LP-16... ooooh! looks nice at less than £300...ooooh! nicer!, so I went ahead and purchased it.

Following the instructions from Cymatic I downloaded the device and driver package and a Microsoft Hotfix update (KB 3123479) supposedly to enable earlier versions of Windows 7 to recognise signed driver certificates or something like that. I regret I am not very computer literate. The Microsoft update installed OK but when I proceeded to install the driver package a message still came up saying Windows does not recognise the certificate. I clicked on install driver anyway and followed instructions to connect and turn on the device. Windows immediately said "can't do it mate, drivers not installed".

I have tried several times including disabling the M-Audio Delta drivers but to no avail. The Cymatic installation wizard says installation successful but Windows does not agree!

Any ideas please?
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

evertjan

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 11:01 am

First you need to remove the M-Audio Delta 1010LT driver, otherwise you can have driver conflicts.
This is not a direct solution for the certificate problem.

Remove the Delta 1010LT card from your PC
Go to Control panel --> Device manager
Search for the Delta card. Right click and choose Properties
On the tab Driver, click the Uninstall button
Turn off your PC and start it again

Then give Thomas' advices a try.

dhm

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Having multiple interface drivers installed should not necessarily cause conflicts.
As a HW dealer I have several different interfaces in use for testing (on the same Hauptwerk PCs).
The Cymatic LP-16 worked fine for me on Win 7 (can’t remember whether I tested it on Win 10 yet).
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

tf11972

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm

I think it's a Windows Update problem nevertheless. Does your PC run at Service Pack 1 at least? If not, download it on a USB-Stick and install it. Then look further.
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing