It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

Using Hauptwerk with real pipes

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

laura.bela

Using Hauptwerk with real pipes

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Has anyone had experience in using Hauptwerk as an addition to a real pipe organ? Let me know if one exists and, if so, what would be involved.

seh52

Re: Using Hauptwerk with real pipes

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 8:58 pm

I have added both a Hauptwerk virtual organ system and a pipe organ to my Johannus console via midi. All three can be played from the console independently or in any desired combination. Playing all three together can be quite impressive!

Doug S.

PostWed Aug 29, 2018 1:41 pm

I too have built a hybrid begun in 1975 as pipes alone until Ahlborn Archive modules came along. In 96 I moved into a house which I had remodeled with the organ in mind. I added Hauptwerk and was off to the races. I can attest that the sum is better than the parts. I've since removed upper work ranks which are common to HW and replaced them with 8' stops which add the most to the whole. I couldn't be more satisfied with the results.
If I can help, don't hesitate to ask.
Doug
Doug

Morse

PostSat Sep 01, 2018 8:56 am

I added a fairly complex Hauptwerk addition to the pipe organ at my church. This may be more involved than you expect, but details are at:
https://almorse.net/content_OrganUpgrade.html
Al Morse

Doug S.

PostSat Sep 01, 2018 11:50 am

AL,
Thanks for your CODMs, encouragement and assistance over the last few years which has allowed my project to realize excellence I could've only dreamed of.
Doug
Doug

jkinkennon

PostSat Sep 01, 2018 12:01 pm

I've recently added a Teensy based capture system to a 4-rank Moller that had lacked any pistons and real SAMs. It would be great to take the next obvious step and pick up the key contacts for Hauptwerk. I'm happy to share any info on the project. I hadn't posted previously as it is not a HW project at this point though the organist and myself would like to see the church move in that direction.

Return to General discussion