It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

Windows 10 won't stay asleep

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

jbayles

Windows 10 won't stay asleep

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Windows 10 has trouble staying asleep. My desktop was waking up after a few minutes, I changed some of the settings over the course of a few weeks and now it sleeps all night. My organ computer was fine but has recently started the same thing. The settings I have on the desktop haven't helped with the organ computer. The problem seems to be common with various computer brands, software, but the solution appears to vary. (see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... d69de957f1) I've tried the changes mentioned in these posts but nothing has helped. My organ computer is only used for Hauptwerk, but W10 has other software which can't be removed, although I never run it. Has anyone who runs Hauptwerk on W10 experienced this issue and found a solution?
The baby slept all night long!!! Here's what appears to have been causing the problem: W10 update KB2267602 tries to download but doesn't make it to completion, so it wakes the system up every few minutes and tries again, over and over and over. Manually downloading the update and installing it solved the problem.
Last edited by jbayles on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

engrssc

Re: Windows 10 won't stay asleep

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 4:03 pm

jbayles

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks Ed, I've tried the 'Engine > Advanced Use > Stop Midi' and it made no difference. I don't think it's related to Hauptwerk or any software except Windows 10.

engrssc

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Interesting, tho I have W10 on a laptop and quite often put it to sleep sometimes for several days. It doesn't have H/W on it.

AFAIK, it has stayed asleep unless it wakes when I don't see it and goes back to sleep? Highly unlikely, tho.

Rgds,
Ed

jkinkennon

PostFri Aug 31, 2018 10:02 am

Check the BIOS or UEFI settings to see what events can wake the computer. In many cases it's something simple like a tiny mouse movement. Try disabling any wake from USB settings as a start.

Return to General discussion