It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am

Ten Years and going strong !!

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Ten Years and going strong !!

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 pm

This month marks the tenth year owning my Hauptwerk ( and my Mac still works !!!). Kudos to Martin Dyde for creating such an amazing software program that in my opinion hasn't been improved on in a decade. A lot has happened since Crumhorn Labs became Hauptwerk. We had Apple computers "boot camped" with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit since Apple didn't have their 64 bit operation yet. Then sample sets were introduced with Surround and hugely helpful "Auto Detect" features that made setting up anything fairly simple. Is there anything Hauptwerk can't do ?
I watched an hour long documentary presented by PCN that highlighted industry in the Lehigh Valley Area of Pennsylvania, USA. home of Allen organs. It was an excellent program showing the production of digital electronic organs from bare wood to finished organ with amazing attention to detail in every part of the construction. The only place it fell apart was the sound. I wonder why in a decade Hauptwerk is still on top ?

engrssc

Re: Ten Years and going strong !!

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 12:18 am

Antoni Scott wrote: PCN that highlighted industry in the Lehigh Valley Area of Pennsylvania, USA. home of Allen organs.

In case you are curious/interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-YaJOif77E

Rgds,
Ed

Return to General discussion