It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

Liquidsonics news

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

murph

Liquidsonics news

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm

I got a couple of emails today from liquidsonics.
7th Heaven/pro has updates.
Far more interesting if you like tweaking is the new program, Illusion.
It's made for hauptwerk!!!! (Ok, not literally, but it really sounds good with rotterdam).
The presets in churches are good as is, but EVERYTHING can be adjusted.
If you have Reverberate2 and 7th heaven pro, you get 50% off the introductory price of $169.
Well worth it!!
There's a 14 day trial available too.

jkinkennon

Re: Liquidsonics news

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 8:24 am

I've got Illusion loaded and licensed but still don't have a console of my own in spite of the two in the garage and three more on my trailer. Really looking forward to trying it as LiquidSonics gets more amazing with each iteration. I'll get a listen in a day or two with Hauptwerk recordings.

Tweedle_Dee

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Oooh, thanks for the heads up. I've been thinking more and more about purchasing a quality reverb engine. Some recent recordings on Contrebombarde are quite convincing. John, I'd be interested in your opinion of it.

jkinkennon

PostThu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm

I had a quick listen with Hauptwerk running Goerlitz with a 64/64 direct to diffuse mix compared to just a single instance of Illusion with the diverse outputs off -- normally I would try running three instances, one for each of my main front channels. Also tried Illusion with some vocals.

In fairness I only had enough of a listen to say that Illusion sounded at least as good as its predecessor, Seventh Heaven which is saying a lot of course. More to follow when I find the time. There's no doubt in my mind that these are phenomenal audio tools.

I do love having the flexibility of putting an organ in an acoustic environment of my own choosing with a natural amount of reverb. It's my opinion that a single choice of reverb characteristics as we get with traditional wet sample sets is not right for every listening room or every user's purposes or tastes. The newer 6-channel sets with direct, diffuse, and surround channels solve that problem though memory requirements can get out of hand. I've set up Seventh Heaven as a dead ringer for the Goerlitz surround sound that I doubt anyone could differentiate from the 6-channel version, but that's my opinion only.

And of course some wouldn't want another dongle in the form of an iLok device that needs to be purchased separately.

Tweedle Dee, stop by and have a listen the next time you are in Vancouver. Still no console but we can play back MIDI HW recordings.

Tweedle_Dee

PostThu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Thank you for the first impressions and the offer to demo it for me!

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing