It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am

New samples not being seen; attn Brett

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ChangedForever

New samples not being seen; attn Brett

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Brett and others,

The 2 TB SSD install and load of Windows 10 went pretty smoothly (certainly a LOT faster than Win 7 on a 7200 RPM rotating platter!!). Loaded all the MOTU drivers - all is seen and the Saint Annes loaded and played fine............................BUT.........................

Next tried to load the Skinner sample that I've been playing since 2015. The Skinner sampe is not available to load and when I go to "About Hauptwerk", the option to purchase the license is available,

I took a peek at the dongle - the light is red (I don't make it a habit of looking at the Sentinel dongle but I could have sworn in the past is was BLUE when working properly?..), device manager doesn't list any problems. USB devices in dev man shows the Sentinel Hasp; no errors.

I went and reloaded the latest Sentinel drivers from this support section and chose "repair"; it said sucessful but still no Skinner and I doubt any other sample will be seen either.

Brett, I sent you a diagnostics file - would you please see if you can figure out what's going on?...

Thanks,
Mark

magnaton

Re: New samples not being seen; attn Brett

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 7:35 pm

ChangedForever wrote:Brett and others,
Next tried to load the Skinner sample that I've been playing since 2015.

Not to cut hairs as they say, but when you say "load" this is what you do after an "install" from the .rar files. This sounds like a brand new setup so the organs will need to be installed again. Then you can choose load. The HW back up preserves all your settings and configs but not actual the organ data (odf and wav files) itself.

Danny B.

1961TC4ME

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Danny is correct, this situation basically needs to be treated as if you've bought a new computer. If you've installed a new SSD you will then also need to reinstall your sample sets. An easy way to see what sets are installed is to click on the 'organ' tab and click 'load organ.' All sets currently installed will show up there. If you have not installed any sets then you will not see anything there other than the St. Anne's set. The dongle may light up and that's a good thing, but the dongle is only there for the license part in order to unlock both the advanced version of Hauptwerk and to make any sets requiring a license to work, in other words the sets do not reside on the dongle, they reside on the hard drive or in your case will reside on your new SSD. Reinstall your sets under 'File / install organ or temperament' from the original supplied disc or whatever media you originally got with the set and you'll be good to go.

Speaking of go, let us know how it goes. :mrgreen:

Marc

ChangedForever

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 am

Thanks Marc. Marc, will you please look at your working Sentinel Hasp - isn't the light on it blue? Just asking. Meanwhile, hopefully Brett will look at the diags file I sent yesterday.

Thank you all for reading!

Mark

ChangedForever

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 am

How it's going....

Opened personal email - Brett looked at diags file yesterday and sent message to me. I know he is very busy and I appreciate him looking at them so quickly!

I will begin by reloading the key drivers that I got from the Hauptwerk site yesterday and then try loading the Skinner odf file (after I get back from doctor's office...).

Updates to follow,
Mark

1961TC4ME

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 7:39 am

ChangedForever wrote:Thanks Marc. Marc, will you please look at your working Sentinel Hasp - isn't the light on it blue? Just asking.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Mine is a nice glowing red. :)

Marc

ChangedForever

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 10:50 am

How it's going (or better yet ---- How It Went) update

--------------------------------GNOOB ERROR---------------------

Okay, I think I found what went wrong (it's been a LONG time since I installed a new sample, having retired over a year ago. Living on Social Security really does not allow ample funds to buy a myriad of samples as I did when working for HP!!). I simply missed double clicking on the config file :roll: . All the Rar files were previously uncompressed. Double clicking the config file allowed the Skinner to be immediately seen and played!

Now off to load that myriad of samples I bought when working :D.

Update for 1961TC4ME - indeed it DOES glow red! Don't know where I got the blue light impression from. In fact, going into the port id of the dongle, there is a utility that allows me to change it to a BLINKING red!! Wow - I can only imagine how many support calls that would generate from users complaining about a blinking red light!! Off to load samples...

Thanks for the help everybody,
Mark

Return to Technical support