It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

Installation Difficulties

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

benison

Installation Difficulties

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Is it typical that the USB key is sent with no valid license on it? I've put in a request for a "license update" but no clue how long that will take.

The installer-created file FileLocations.FileLocations_Hauptwerk_xml was incorrect and had to be edited to enable the Hauptwerk application to launch; not sure if that is related.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

organassist

Re: Installation Difficulties

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 5:07 pm

I believe it is sent without a license for your benefit. If it is lost in transit you have not lost the license. I have found that you usually get a response within 24 hours - but waiting for such a superb product may make it seem longer!

benison

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Interesting. I had been hoping to become familiar with the instrument before flying out in the morning to play out of town, but looks like that is out. Thanks for the info though!

Brian

dhm

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 5:56 pm

benison wrote:Is it typical that the USB key is sent with no valid license on it?

That depends where you live. Different resellers may do things differently.
If you were in UK and bought from me, then I would always update the licence and activate the dongle before dispatch. But I always use a "signed-for" delivery service which is insured for the cost of the licence.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

benison

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 8:20 pm

dhm wrote:
benison wrote:Is it typical that the USB key is sent with no valid license on it?

That depends where you live. Different resellers may do things differently.
If you were in UK and bought from me, then I would always update the licence and activate the dongle before dispatch. But I always use a "signed-for" delivery service which is insured for the cost of the licence.

Brilliant!

Return to Technical support