It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

iPad as touch display

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

organassist

iPad as touch display

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Just seen news item about Luna Display. It seems this plugs into the display / USB C port on a mac and via wireless allows the iPad to act as a monitor. Has anyone tried this? It seems like this may be a good solution for some HW setups... lunadisplay.com

lefranc22

Re: iPad as touch display

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 4:26 pm

DuetDisplay for iOS is an other good solution, less expensive and working fine.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/duet-display/id935754064?mt=8

Dnsmo

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 am

It's too bad Duet only works with one iOS device connected. I assume that's also the case for Luna.

I've seen one user use a combination of iPad and Keytech touchscreen as external monitors, along with the main display of his Mac. Perhaps I'll try that. But with two iPad Pros already in hand it would be great to use what we already have.
Dennis

jhs-Cupri

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 am

I used Duet for a long while.
Unfortunately, the app does not work anymore since the update to OS 10.13.6 with my Mac Pro (Mid 2010 doesn't not working with AirPlay).
By chance I discovered luna display. It works very well.
I use this version: Mini DisplayPort (because my MacPro Mid 2010 doesn't support USB-C) on ATI Radeon HD 5770.

abaymajr

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 2:02 pm

organassist wrote:Just seen news item about Luna Display. It seems this plugs into the display / USB C port on a mac and via wireless allows the iPad to act as a monitor. Has anyone tried this? It seems like this may be a good solution for some HW setups... lunadisplay.com

Your question regards to Mac-iPad connectiong, but should say to eventual interested people that Spacedesk (https://www.spacedesk.net/) does also this trick, between an iPad/Android tablet/phone and a PC/W10 machine. Being the iPad/tablet/phone powered through its USB/data port, only one cable is needed between the PC and the remote screen.

Return to General discussion