It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

Action of stepper

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

hotfingers

Action of stepper

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 12:46 pm

I think I'm missing something obvious — I can't seem to get any response from the stepper. I'm in the Registration window and I have combinations programmed in the Master Generals 1–20 (which work) but there's no obvious action from the up/down buttons. The stepper display moves up and down from 0–20 but no stop changes.
Do I somehow need to tell the stepper what to control? If so, I can't see it.
Please tell me what I'm missing!
Roderick Elms

IainStinson

Re: Action of stepper

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm

The registration stepper is separate from the generals. You set the combinations specifically for the stepper. See page 90 and following in the manual.
Iain

josq

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello! The stepper arrows only control the stepper frames, not the master generals.

hotfingers

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks both. I did read p.90 onwards but think I need to read it several more times! I fear that too many years sitting at conventional console are pre-conditioning my thinking!

So to be clear, there is no immediate way of making the stepper operate on the generals as it would on a 'normal' instrument?
Roderick Elms

josq

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 2:53 pm

I can't think of any straightforward possibility to do that. Better copy your master general registrations to the stepper frames.

Erzahler

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 5:15 pm

How do you do that copy josq?

Erzahler

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 1:34 am

HELP.
I am still having trouble with how I can get cominations into the stepper.
Say I have 12 general combinations set up for a piece but I want to use them as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 6, 7, 2, etc.
I need to go back to #2 every so often.
Can someone please spell out the step by step process for doing this please.
I have the combinations named, in favourites and selected.
When I try to load them I either get a combination of stops I didn't set or I loose them all.
Thanks a million.

David Baldwin

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 5:55 am

It is quite simple. General 1 to stepper 1 etc. When you want general 2 again, that become stepper 6. And then general 6 loads to stepper 7 etc. The johanus organs use the general settings as the stepper. But you still have to store the settings more than once if a previous general setting is required again.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

OrganoPleno

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 am

hotfingers wrote:The stepper display moves up and down from 0–20 but no stop changes.
Do I somehow need to tell the stepper what to control?

First, get all the registrations you will need stored as General Combinations. Then set the Stepper to Zero. Now press the First General (that you want for Stepper Position #1). Then press and hold "Set", then press "Advance Stepper" and release "Set". This saves that Combination into Stepper Position #1. Now press the General that you want for Stepper Position #2. Then Press and hold "Set", then press "Advance Stepper" and release "Set". This saves that Combination into Stepper Position #2. And so forth, "step by step". That's why it's called a "Stepper"!

Andrew Grahame

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 pm

The general pistons and the stepper are separate. However the stepper is similar to general pistons in that each stepper setting captures the entire instrument.

You will need to save your combinations to the stepper in the same manner as saving to pistons.

Erzahler

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 3:49 am

Thanks everyone I'll see how I go.

Andrew Grahame

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 4:04 am

Programming a sequence such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 6, 7, 2 - where 2 keeps coming back - this is done by re-saving Step 2 again further down the sequence. This particular examples has 9 steps, of which the 2nd, 6th and 9th use the same registration.

Erzahler

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 am

First, get all the registrations you will need stored as General Combinations. Then set the Stepper to Zero. Now press the First General (that you want for Stepper Position #1). Then press and hold "Set", then press "Advance Stepper" and release "Set".

Thanks because it won't work if you do it in the wrong order as I had been.

Return to Technical support