It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am

Now Released!!! Furtwängler & Hammer, Kaiserdom Königslutter

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ReinerS

Re: Now Released!!! Furtwängler & Hammer, Kaiserdom Königslu

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 am

Dear all,

this is just a reminder that the introductory offer with reduced price is ending on February 3rd!

Best regards
Reiner

1961TC4ME

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 pm

After several attempts I can't get a clean download of the files for this set no matter what I try. I test each file with 7-zip after they finish downloading and I keep getting all kinds of errors, missing volume, missing ranks, missing this and that, etc, etc. Using Chrome as I always do and never any issues in the past with any other sets or producers, in fact never any issues downloading from Pipeloops in the past, so this one is a first for me.

The way things are going here I'm starting to wonder if I can even get them downloaded and give this set a try by the February 3rd deadline for the discount! :wink:

Is there a good workaround here?

Marc

Mixtuur4st

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 2:52 pm

This has nothing to do with this absolute wonderfull sampleset or its developer.

Maybe too much snow over there in Minnesota ?

Jack

1961TC4ME

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Mixtuur4st wrote:This has nothing to do with this absolute wonderfull sampleset or its developer.

Maybe too much snow over there in Minnesota ?

Jack

Nah! Never too much snow, but maybe the -30 F (actual air temp) has the internet froze up! :mrgreen:

The Ski-Doo is working! (Well, actually Arctic Cat) :)

Marc

ReinerS

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 pm

1961TC4ME wrote:After several attempts I can't get a clean download of the files for this set no matter what I try. I test each file with 7-zip after they finish downloading and I keep getting all kinds of errors, missing volume, missing ranks, missing this and that, etc, etc.

Hello Marc,
sorry to hear about your download problems! Must be really cold out there :-)

On the serious side: First thing to try would be to check each file after downloading with an MD5 checksum tool, I posted the ckecksums earlier in this thread. This will help you identify which of the six files has a problem. Second you cannot unpack individual files from a split .rar archive! All six files need to be in the same folder, and then you unpack them in one action (in general you would navigate to the first part and it finds and reads the others by itself, but I found it doesn't matter which one you start with). If you do not have all six files downloaded completely and in the same folder, testing using 7zip or unrar MUST fail!

I hope you get it sorted out and am very sorry that the download is not working properly for you. In general my provider actually has quite a good and stable connection, so please don't give up on it!

Best regards
Reiner

murph

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 5:29 pm

P.s. For the multi-file bit to work, ALL the parts have to be transferred to the C drive (or a local drive like D, etc). Trying to do it with them on usb WILL NOT WORK!!!!.

I've found this out the long, hard way.

T.

1961TC4ME

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Huh, now that is indeed interesting and would explain why each file tested individually is failing. I've downloaded several other sets in the past that come in 'parts' and have never experienced this problem and have always tested each first to be sure they are good. So, I assumed I could do the same here and test each part before proceeding to install, as of course it's very irritating to find out during installation that something is wrong. I'll download all files first, then give things a try.

Thanks for the help and advice!

Only -15 F right now, -30 F tonight, high of -15 F and brisk sunshine tomorrow. I think I'll go to the beach....... and go ice fishing! Great time of the year to come visit us here in Minnesota! :mrgreen:

Marc

IainStinson

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 3:53 am

I downloaded and installed the trial version of this sample set with no problems following the instructions which were (and still are) on the web site as soon as it became available. The "linked" archives are great - you don't have to remember which ones you've installed.

The trial page of the website says:
The free trail version of this sample set consists of six files. Please copy all parts (part1-part6, total ca. 22GB) into the same folder on your local hard-drive. To install the sample set please select the file Pipeloops_Kaiserdom_1.0.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.part1.rar, Hauptwerk will then load the other parts automatically.

There are some very good stops in this excellent, rather wet, sample set. I've had a rather a lot to do in the last few days but I hope to evaluate the sample set before the end of the "special offer" period.

Iain

1961TC4ME

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 9:21 pm

4 separate download attempts of all files on 2 different computers, I keep getting errors. Tonight while trying to install the set 99% through 'part 1' and yet another error.... I give up. If this set is going to be that difficult to download and install I'll just wait for the next set I'm interested in to come along. I've downloaded and installed many and much more complex sets with zero issues, I just don't have time for this.

Marc

kunzuilh

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 am

I downloaded them with Firefox. The download is interrupted, but this browser gives you the option to retry, and continues where you left until the end. I have been able to install it without problem.

ReinerS

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 2:04 am

1961TC4ME wrote:4 separate download attempts of all files on 2 different computers, I keep getting errors. Tonight while trying to install the set 99% through 'part 1' and yet another error.... I give up. If this set is going to be that difficult to download and install I'll just wait for the next set I'm interested in to come along. I've downloaded and installed many and much more complex sets with zero issues, I just don't have time for this.

Marc

Hello Marc,
again I am very sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Unfortunately there is not much I can do to help. There have been many downloads running in the past few days, I do not know if others are having such severe troubles as well. My only recommendation is to check each file with an md5 checksum program (There should be quite a few free programs out for this purpose) to see if it matches the ones I posted in this thread. This really is the only way to verify each individual file after downloading.

Best regards
Reiner

OrganoPleno

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 am

1961TC4ME wrote:I keep getting errors.

Sounds like you need a Download Manager, which can do a much better job than your regular Browser. In particular, the ability to re-start without loss any time the transmission is interrupted.

For Windows, I've been using one from Internetdownloadmanager.com which works well (shareware).

RichardW

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 7:44 pm

I struggled with the last organ I downloaded.

I could not seem to get any download manager to work so I changed browsers from Firefox to Microsoft Edge and it all went much better.

Regards,
Richard

Greggiep52

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 7:49 am

Good morning, all!

Since the Edge browser arrived on the scene, I've never had a problem with lengthy, multiple part downloads. The Hauptwerk computer is in the basement and some distance from any one of my wireless access points, usually resulting in reduced performance as compared with a network-wired computer. Before Edge, I had experimented variously with Firefox and Internet Explorer, both of which caused problems from time to time. I keep the Hauptwerk computer on Windows 10 and regularly updated.

For Kaiserdom, I decided to download the sample set on my MacOS ethernet-connected installation upstairs and transfer the result via thumb drive to the Hauptwerk computer after an MD5 check. Reiner is correct about his system provider; I had no trouble running clean, multiple parallel downloads in a very short period of time. International file transfers are usually lengthy or otherwise problematic due to bandwidth or glitchy connectivity issues, but Reiner's provider appears to have horsepower to spare with minimal latency and error rate.

Regards,
Greg

1961TC4ME

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm

OK, I'm going to give this one more shot, but with Feb 3rd looming for the discount it's unfortunately not going to give me ample time to evaluate, that's if I even get to doing it over the weekend, so I guess I miss out. The upsetting part is I've had great interest in this set since learning about it well over 2 months ago, then the release of the set got delayed, and now my installation issues. Maybe that means I should just leave it alone? :roll:

I've used both Chrome and Microsoft Edge to download the files, doesn't appear either is at issue, read on.

First, a couple observations. It seems some of the rules (goal posts moved? :mrgreen: ) have changed for this particular sample set on the procedure of downloading, testing files, and installing the instrument. I have always used 7zip to test RAR files before proceeding to install and never an issue. They're either good or corrupt and in all my downloading time I've ended up with very few corrupt downloads, but when I get one I at least know before wasting my time attempting to install and simply download the file in question and verify by testing again. Last year I purchased, downloaded (yes, off the internet using Chrome) and installed the rather large and complex Armley Schulze consisting of like 18 separate files(?) if I recall correctly. I tested every RAR file with 7zip first, all were clean with the exception of 1 I downloaded a second time then all was good, I had no other issues at all and had the instrument up and running in about an hour the first go around. Here we're dealing a total of 6 files (more normal) and I'm being told I can't test the files with 7zip, so something is again different. I've never ran into this issue before.

So......... I downloaded a checksum checker and it reports all 6 files currently on my thumb drive are clean, the numbers for each file match. The other night I got an error that Hauptwerk reported it could not extract something (don't remember what it was at the moment), it was that or possibly my hard drive was out of space. I have about 100 GB of space available, so I doubt it's a lack of hard drive space being the issue. Next, Tony reports here not to attempt to install the set off a USB thumb drive and it only works if you send the files to your hard drive first and then install it. Wow! Again lots of jumping through extra hoops here! I have NEVER needed to do such extra legwork and have ALWAYS installed every single set I own off the USB thumb drive, that I downloaded off the internet, and again with ZERO issues. In fact, I've downloaded a few of Reiner's sets in the past to evaluate and again never a problem with how I've been doing things, this set however has been an entirely different story.

So, for the sake of going all the way to the end zone and making a TD, I'm going to make my last attempt which is using Tony's advice to send the files from the USB thumb drive to the hard drive first, then attempt to install them from there. What difference this will make I guess I don't see, but who knows? Other than this last ditch effort it appears I'm out of options.

Time will tell.

Marc
Last edited by 1961TC4ME on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments