Search:
Submit Search

Melbourne Town Hall?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.

Moderator: dwood

Melbourne Town Hall?

Postby 162_Ranks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 pm

I search for "IA - Melbourne Town Hall" and find nothing. Is it possible that there have been no submissions?

EDIT: found three, would love to hear more if anyone is in a position to post!
162_Ranks

Re: Melbourne Town Hall?

Postby jcfelice88keys » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello Mr. 162 Ranks:

Although I have presented only three CBCH performances using the "official" IA Melbourne Townhall Organ, I had the pleasure of presenting numerous other works with the MTH when it was still in unreleased Beta form, i.e., not yet ready for prime time. To find all of these, simply go to CBCH and search for "jcfelice88keys". There, you will find a dozen or more submittals with an organ described cryptically as "undisclosed at this time". Since 2016, I have presented the MTH in the following works:

Franck: All three Chorales (7/24/16)
Franck: Grande Piece Symphonique (7/08/16)
Handel: Allegro Mvt from Organ Concerto Opus 7 #4 including cadenza
Widor: Organ Symphony #5 Allegro Movement (NOT the overplayed Toccata) (June 3. 2016)
Widor: Organ Symphony #6 First Movement, with cadenza (2/26/2016)
Messaien: Dieu Parmi Nous (5/1/16)
Liszt Fantasy and Fugue on B-A-C-H, straight organ version (4/14/16) and embellishments from piano version (4/20/16)
Liszt: Ad Nos Ad Salutarem Undam
Plus other works by Robert Hebble, Dmitri Kabelevsky, Davies, etc.

Cheers and enjoy,

Joe
jcfelice88keys

Postby sonar11 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:14 pm

I find it a pity that this organ sample only comes in 1 size: unwieldy. :shock: :)

I can't afford that price nor the computing requirements nor the speaker setup required to play that all back without distortion, but the sample might be nicer divided into smaller organs, something between 40 to 60 ranks I might consider purchasing.
sonar11

Postby jcfelice88keys » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 pm

sonar11 wrote:I find it a pity that this organ sample only comes in 1 size: unwieldy. :shock: :)

I can't afford that price nor the computing requirements nor the speaker setup required to play that all back without distortion, but the sample might be nicer divided into smaller organs, something between 40 to 60 ranks I might consider purchasing.

Yes, Mr. Sonar11, the MTH organ is a monster both in terms of monetary cost, computer power (especially RAM) requirements, and a decent sound system required to deliver the goods. When I was beta testing this instrument over the past two+ years, I found I needed to upgrade my computer to 12-cores (hyper-threadabe to 24 cores) and 128GB RAM to create the huge performances I was able to provide to the CBCH. Even if those conditions are met, this instrument in the full version requires at least three (preferably four) keyboards plus full pedal board.

Hopefully, you did enjoy the sound of the instrument's various tonal divisions.

Cheers,

Joe
jcfelice88keys

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall