It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:43 pm

Struggling with St Anne

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

the grummanman

Struggling with St Anne

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Good evening all, I`m new to this Hauptwerk and am struggling to get it all going. Intend to buy further licenses some time later, but for now I have: Free St Annes Mosely, 2 M Audio Keystation 61 mk3 keyboards, but only using one for the time being. PC is HP G72 laptop now with 6Mg of memory.
First connected with USB via theAbleton Live and I did actually manage to get all working. The Ableton is vastly too compex for what I need and is now disabled. Purchased a MIDI out cable for direct connection to USB input on laptop, re downloaded the St Anne completely, but I cannot make the organ recognise the keyboard whatever settings I use. Slowly tearing my hair out! All help greatlfully recieved. Thankyou.

murph

Re: Struggling with St Anne

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Why not just use the usb out on the m-audio?

the grummanman

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Thanks, but I thought when I purchased the keyboards I had to either use Ableton or Pro Tools in order to convert the USB into MIDI. Am I wrong? There doesn`t seem to be a drop down in the organ menu or preferences for USB input- only MIDI.

orcoaffamato

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

the grummanman wrote:Thanks, but I thought when I purchased the keyboards I had to either use Ableton or Pro Tools in order to convert the USB into MIDI. Am I wrong? There doesn`t seem to be a drop down in the organ menu or preferences for USB input- only MIDI.

Hello,

Hauptwerk can recognize USB MIDI (my keyboards and my pedalboard are all connected directly via USB to my PC): you just need to go to the general settings menu and to select MIDI ports. In the MIDI IN ports window you can see which MIDI controllers are connected to the PC and you can select which ones you want to use.

csw900

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 am

Hi

HW has no trouble in recognising usb midi inputs. However if it does not recognise your midi to usb cable you need to be aware that your cable may be faulty - even if it is new. Try using it to connect your keyboard to some other organ. Or try another cable.

All organs I know about will accept midi input via usb as this is the most common way to connect midi to a computer. You could even try my eplayOrgan, available completely free from my website.

csw900

the grummanman

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 am

Thanks all for your inputs. Some of the silliest of errors are caused by not reading or understanding fully the installation manual. I was loading the organ and connecting the keyboard last. Silly me. All working fine now on USB. I have to admit it`s so simple to sit at the real thing, throw a switch and wait for the bellows to rise.

As a further thought I quite enjoy the action of the Keystation, but understand M Audio no longer producing them. Any alternative keyboards would be welcome.

Return to Technical support