It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

Contacting Classic Midi Works

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Rauschpfeife

Contacting Classic Midi Works

PostSat Mar 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Hello Chaps,

I've tried to send a message to midiworks.ca a few times over the last 12-18 months via their website. Oddly, they have never replied. I assumed this was simply an oversight until this / last week when, having emailed again, I heard nothing once more.

I did however find an email in my spam folder yesterday, which looked like this (personal details removed):

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

****@****.com
host ****-smtp-in.l.****.com [***.***.***.***]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.co.uk is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of yahoo.co.uk domain
550-5.7.1 if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1 https://***** to learn about the
550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative.
MIDIWORKS EMAIL

From *** at ****@yahoo.co.uk

[Phone]
[Message] Hello there,

It would appear that yahoo.co.uk, and therefore my email address, is being blocked by their mail server.

Does anyone know any other way of getting in touch?

Thanks,

Adam.

engrssc

Re: Contacting Classic Midi Works

PostSat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm

If you want to send me a PM, I can try to forward it for you. Not sure how they would get in touch with a reply.
Or you could contact them by mail:

MIDIWorks
2800 John St. Unit 4
Markham, Ontario. L3R 0E2
Canada

midiworks@organworks.com

Rgds,
Ed

OrganoPleno

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 11:38 am

Rauschpfeife wrote:It would appear that yahoo.co.uk, and therefore my email address, is being blocked by their mail server.

Sure! Just get a different e-mail address! Maybe something free like hotmail or gmail.

Rauschpfeife

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 am

OrganoPleno wrote:
Rauschpfeife wrote:It would appear that yahoo.co.uk, and therefore my email address, is being blocked by their mail server.

Sure! Just get a different e-mail address! Maybe something free like hotmail or gmail.

Well - that's an option I suppose. I wonder though, how many I'll have to try if they're blocking Yahoo (who aren't exactly a "small" provider of email)...

Rauschpfeife

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 3:52 am

engrssc wrote:If you want to send me a PM, I can try to forward it for you. Not sure how they would get in touch with a reply.
Or you could contact them by mail:

MIDIWorks
2800 John St. Unit 4
Markham, Ontario. L3R 0E2
Canada

midiworks@organworks.com

Rgds,
Ed

Thanks - I've registered another email address and tried that - if I still don't get anywhere, I'll be in touch.

raymondg

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello Adam,

We went through our email records and unfortunately we appear to not have received anything from a yahoo.co.uk email for the past year.

It appears our filter may have been blocking yahoo email as we have been receiving emails from Hotmail, gmail, etc... We apologize for this - we did not know our provider was blocking emails from yahoo.

We will contact our email provider and hopefully be able to change the filter as soon as possible. In the mean time you are more than welcome to give us a call at 1 (888) 812-9717.

Regards,

Raymond
www.MIDIWorks.ca

Orao_22

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 pm

Well, it's true that many filters are blocking Yahoo addresses out of principles, they're quite favored by spammers these days. Anyways, lots of spam attemps I get on the forums I admin have Yahoo addresses...

Hoofdwerk

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Blocking filters aside, I want to share a recent positive experience with Classic MIDI. The controller board for one of my CMK3 keyboards went out so I emailed Classic MIDI (from a gmail address) and Raymond replied very quickly with some simple diagnostic tests for me to do. We exchanged several more emails as I learned the nature of the problem my options for repair or replacement. I'm three time zones away from Classic MIDI, but all my emails were answered in under a couple of hours, and many were answered in minutes.

Once they received my ailing board, they diagnosed and repaired it within three business days and sent it back (along with a new spare I bought just in case another of the four manuals decides to follow suit). Atilla also provided timely, helpful information via email. Less than thirty minutes after receiving my package from them, I had my Swell back.

So - contact issues aside - my service experience was good enough to make me want to share it. I hope the email problems are short-lived, but would not hesitate to recommend Classic MIDI based on my recent service experience.

Erik

Return to General discussion