It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:53 pm

Anyone stocking Fatar replacement parts?

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

organtechnology

Re: Anyone stocking Fatar replacement parts?

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 am

hovudverk wrote:Oliver Schmidt of OSI Germany,.

Who is this and what does OSI stand for?

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

johnstump_organist

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 11:08 am

This is probably a wild goose chase idea, but.... many Allen dealers remove the tracker touch bubbles on the models that use Fatar keys when customers complain about the touch being too heavy. Maybe there is an Allen dealer somewhere that has a stock pile of the removed ones. Couldn't hurt to ask your local Allen dealer.
John

profeluisegarcia

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 pm

As a last resort, what about to replace the TT bubble strips system with a neodymiun magnets system. I make some experiments about this times ago and it seems to to work.

Luis

hovudverk

PostTue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 am

organtechnology wrote:
hovudverk wrote:Oliver Schmidt of OSI Germany,.

Who is this and what does OSI stand for?

Not quite sure what OSI stands for, but Mr Schmidt runs a company that delivers audio systems and custom Hauptwerk installations. www.osi-profisoundsysteme.de The website is in German only, but he can communicate in English.

johnstump_organist wrote:Maybe there is an Allen dealer somewhere that has a stock pile of the removed ones. Couldn't hurt to ask your local Allen dealer.

Interesting option. I should have checked out the bankruptcy sale when the local Allen dealer went bust a couple of years ago!

Anyway, in case I wasn't clear enough earlier: I got the parts I needed. They *can* be ordered from Fatar if you have the right connections. If you don't, you could try to ask OSI to order for you.
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI