It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am

Composite of Saint Clotilda III/70+P C-Coll

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Discipulus.veritatis

Composite of Saint Clotilda III/70+P C-Coll

PostWed May 29, 2019 8:23 pm

The newest composite sample set from Organ Reginae Caeli is now available. The organ of the Basilique Sainte-Clotilde is a Cavaille-Coll that was played by Franck, Tournemire and other famous french organists. This composite is based on the beautiful sound of the organ.The sample set details are available on the website.

The organ is III/70 + P.

Website link: https://organareginaecaeli.wordpress.co ... ite-organ/

Audio Samples

Vierne - Hymne au Soleil Excerpt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9euppuwza43p ... e.wav?dl=0

Franck - Dexterma Domini
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y79amwweyyq97 ... e.wav?dl=0

Please read the details of the purpose of these composites so you don't misunderstand the goal. God bless!
Last edited by Discipulus.veritatis on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Discipulus.veritatis

Re: Basilque Sainte-Clotilde Composite III/70+P C-Coll

PostMon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Requirements: Caen (Sonus Paradisi), Utrecht Demo (Sonus Paradisi), Rotterdam Demo (Sonus Paradisi)

scottherbert

Re: Composite of Saint Clotilda III/70+P C-Coll

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm

While I find your attempts to re-create historical organs interesting, your decision to charge so much for them is rather disappointing for me. There are many composite sets available for free, but done with MYCO they are definitely of lower quality than true sample sets.

Just my opinion of course, but since you do not offer refunds or free sample, I wish you luck.
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

Discipulus.veritatis

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

scottherbert wrote:While I find your attempts to re-create historical organs interesting, your decision to charge so much for them is rather disappointing for me. There are many composite sets available for free, but done with MYCO they are definitely of lower quality than true sample sets.

Just my opinion of course, but since you do not offer refunds or free sample, I wish you luck.

Dear Scott,

Thank you for the input. I have lowered the prices on your advice, I hope this may be of convenience to you. I will make some more demos of the existing composites so that people can get a better idea of them. The samples used are the same ones used in the real sample sets, so the quality will not be diminished. I am in the process of adding the multi-release samples, but it will take a little longer. I hope this helps. God bless!

giwro

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

scottherbert wrote:While I find your attempts to re-create historical organs interesting, your decision to charge so much for them is rather disappointing for me. There are many composite sets available for free, but done with MYCO they are definitely of lower quality than true sample sets.

And just a clarification “done with MYCO” has nothing to do with the quality... it’s simply a tool to get a CODM organ together quickly. Any instrument, hand-coded CODM, MYCO, (or even a set made using the full organ definition format) needs to be finished and tweaked, both sound and graphics-wise.

Yes, if you do a MYCO organ and never do any of these things, it could be lower quality. But that’s not the fault of the software... it falls on the producer.
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

Discipulus.veritatis

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 12:47 pm

giwro wrote:

And just a clarification “done with MYCO” has nothing to do with the quality... it’s simply a tool to get a CODM organ together quickly. Any instrument, hand-coded CODM, MYCO, (or even a set made using the full organ definition format) needs to be finished and tweaked, both sound and graphics-wise.

Yes, if you do a MYCO organ and never do any of these things, it could be lower quality. But that’s not the fault of the software... it falls on the producer.

Thank you for that addition giwro, it is quite helpful.

scottherbert

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 7:50 am

Thank you Jonathan for your clarification, but as I said it was my experience with such sets. All of which were free by the way.

~S

scottherbert

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 7:57 am

In addition, the OP states that he "will be adding multiple releases" which indicates single release sets. Not something I would pay for with a wet set. Again, my opinion, but I am supportive of new sample set makers, but these are not new, they are composites. Are royalties being paid to the original sample set maker? Does Jiri give him permission to use them?

~S

jwillans

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 am

scottherbert wrote:In addition, the OP states that he "will be adding multiple releases" which indicates single release sets. Not something I would pay for with a wet set. Again, my opinion, but I am supportive of new sample set makers, but these are not new, they are composites. Are royalties being paid to the original sample set maker? Does Jiri give him permission to use them?

~S

I'm really struggling to understand the level of animosity towards disipulus.veritatis. It really does feel rather unwarranted and against the spirit of both the forum and the small world of organist which we all inhabit.

To answer your concern, if commercial sample sets are required as a basis of the composite sets, then these will need to be bought separately.

Discipulus.veritatis

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am

jwillans wrote:
scottherbert wrote:In addition, the OP states that he "will be adding multiple releases" which indicates single release sets. Not something I would pay for with a wet set. Again, my opinion, but I am supportive of new sample set makers, but these are not new, they are composites. Are royalties being paid to the original sample set maker? Does Jiri give him permission to use them?

~S

I'm really struggling to understand the level of animosity towards disipulus.veritatis. It really does feel rather unwarranted and against the spirit of both the forum and the small world of organist which we all inhabit.

To answer your concern, if commercial sample sets are required as a basis of the composite sets, then these will need to be bought separately.

Dear jwilliams and Scott,

Thank j williams for the clarification. It is indeed the case that for the purchasable composites one must buy the full, thus the original Samplet set maker already receives the money owed to him. I think the hostility has a lot to do with one simple thing, and it seems to always hit the right spot when it is mentioned. May God bless you.

scottherbert

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm

No animosity on my part, just have a hard time with the prices charged.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments