It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 am

Copying Voicing Settings & Alternate Configurations

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Jcvtpo

Copying Voicing Settings & Alternate Configurations

PostMon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Is it possible to set up two different voicing profiles of the same sample set using alternate configurations? For example, I've spent time adjusting the Paramount 341 to my liking but I also have another person's backup file containing their voicings. Is it possible to use the alternate configurations such that I am able to access either voicing profile?

Also, is there a way to wholesale copy voicing settings? The voicing profile that was shared with me was tuned note-by-note; I'd like to import these tunings to my voicing profile while leaving my other settings intact?

Thank You

IainStinson

Re: Copying Voicing Settings & Alternate Configurations

PostTue Jun 11, 2019 3:03 am

1. You can use alternative configurations to have different voicing for a sample set. You need to set up the whole instrument again in the alternative configuration.
2. You can use HW backup to effectively copy the settings from one configuration to another (from the main configuration to one of the alternatives for example) see page 30 in the manual. This copies the settings for all organs from one configuration to the other. I don’t believe there is a supported way to copy just one instruments settings from one configuration to another.
3. If you restore another user’s settings to one of your alternative configurations, you will possibly end up with a corrupt installation since their configuration may reference samples, devices, etc. you have not installed / connected. The manual does not really discuss this.

Whatever you do take a full backup of your settings before trying anything so you can at least get back to where you started.

Iain
Last edited by IainStinson on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

engrssc

PostTue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 am

IainStinson wrote:I don’t believe there is a supported way to copy just one instruments settings from one configuration to another.

A disadvantage with the present HW version. Would be a useful, but possibly complicated feature to have.

Rgds,
Ed

tf11972

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 2:48 pm

That's possible, indeed! Look at http://www.almorse.net, go to "Free organs and tools" and look for "Permanent voicing tool". With this, you can generate a new ODF from your extisting one (must not be not encrypted and compressed).
You can contact Al to receive the tool, he is very kind :D
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

Return to General discussion