It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Marc Clemen

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

engrssc

Marc Clemen

PostSun Jul 07, 2019 1:43 am

Has anyone heard anything from him (1961TC4ME) lately?

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14483

I used to correspond with him via emails. Of late nothing and no response. Very unlike Marc.

Rgds,
Ed

1961TC4ME

Re: Marc Clemen

PostMon Jul 08, 2019 10:05 am

Oh, I'm alive and well, Ed. As a relative I recently saw responded when I asked him how he's doing, his response was "I'm still vertical." :mrgreen: I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off as of late between work, entertaining kids (yes even at ages 20, 23 and 26 you still do some kid entertaining :lol:), out-door home projects, summer traveling for family visits, family reunions and so on, and just haven't had much time for the forum here as of late. I do check in a few times a week to see if there's anything new with either Hauptwerk (v5 finally coming soon?) or new instrument releases, and generally just haven't seen a whole lot here as of late to comment on. I did receive an email from you some time back, meant to respond but kept forgetting, sorry. Drop me a line. I hope everyone else here in Hauptwerk land is doing well and keeping busy! :D

Marc

engrssc

PostMon Jul 08, 2019 10:42 am

Hi Marc,

Good to hear from you as always. And stay healthy. I know some Forum members have passed and there was no one let anyone know.

Rgds,
Ed

profeluisegarcia

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 am

¡GOOD NEWS! I always miss active people in this Forum when they disappear overnight :|
It would be nice of them to say: ¡So long pals! ...¡Au revoir me amis (Pat) !..¡Hasta la vista, amigos¡

Luis

TomBentley

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 6:48 am

Glad to know all is well with you -- I have followed your posts religiously for years and its always encouraging!

Tom

1961TC4ME

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am

Ha! Thanks guys! I appreciate the thoughts and kind words and have always considered all of you and many others here friends. I have definitely made a few good friends here on the forum (shared personal emails, music, ideas, even phone calls and so on) even though I've not met any of you in person. Yes, there's a lot of folks we used to see here all the time that you don't hear much if anything from anymore, so it does make you wonder if they're still around or perhaps just hanging out in the shadows for now. The forum for me as of late has been a bit on the sleepy side in comparison to the good old days when everyone was posting something new daily, and again for me there's just not been a whole lot to comment on as of late or new things to share I've come up with. I purchased my last instrument well over a year ago (Armley Schulze) and have been very satisfied with both the instruments and the setup I have, so have kind of left things alone other than playing. I had been planning to share info on my latest audio layout and newly 'modified' audio routing scheme (sounds really good), but it seems everyone is doing something different, and unless their set up is similar to mine, I don't know how much help it would be.

I also think at this point that many are perhaps waiting on the latest version of Hauptwerk to come out which certainly has been talked about for a long time, and until it does maybe many like me don't have much new to say here on the forum, but will jump back in when it does happen. Even our leaders here (Brett and Martin) have been curiously quiet as of late, we haven't heard from Martin in over a year, so it does make you wonder what exactly is going on. Without much of anything new from them, updates, what's coming, what's planned and so on, there isn't a whole lot to grab on to and talk about I guess.

In any case, thanks again, glad to see the 'core group' is for the most part still here, and also glad to see new members coming on board and getting involved. We all share a common and great passion for the pipe organ and it's many forms of music! :D

Marc

engrssc

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 12:17 pm

profeluisegarcia wrote:¡GOOD NEWS! I always miss active people in this Forum when they disappear overnight :|
It would be nice of them to say: ¡So long pals! ...¡Au revoir me amis (Pat) !..¡Hasta la vista, amigos¡

A little difficult to do if one passes first. :(

Most times for many of us we (our self) are the only ones involved in such things as this Forum. :o Not much in the way of follow thru is available. Just the way it is.

Rgds,
Ed

CWEB

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 pm

It has been quiet, and such activity as there has been has not always been edifying. I for one though, am in no rush to see v5 released. It's infuriating to battle repeated obselescence with expensive software. I'd rather wait until there is a substantial improvement in technology.

1961TC4ME

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 9:55 am

CWEB wrote:It has been quiet, and such activity as there has been has not always been edifying. I for one though, am in no rush to see v5 released. It's infuriating to battle repeated obselescence with expensive software. I'd rather wait until there is a substantial improvement in technology.

I would agree 100%! I am faced with at some point (hopefully not real soon) of replacing what is now an 8+ year old computer and all that goes along with it (new sound card purchase, possible compatibility or technical issues, who knows what else?, etc.) But hey, I still use it almost daily as I did this morning, and I haven't lost one bit of amazement in terms of how it sounds, how the current version of Hauptwerk works, all the features and things it does and so on which makes you wonder how much better it could actually get. I am more interested in new instruments and is what I await more than anything.

Marc

engrssc

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 10:36 am

1961TC4ME wrote:haven't lost one bit of amazement in terms of how it sounds, how the current version of Hauptwerk works, all the features and things it does

Hauptwerk is an amazing piece of software even as is. Individually there aren't many who know everything about it. It is reasonably easy to get started with it, but looking deeper into the vast amount of features, 8) there is quite a long learning curve. :o

Rgds,
Ed

TheOrganDoc

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Hello Mark,
I have been here for a very long time, reading Posts, and playing my Hauptwerk Organs, presently the Paramount-3/32 sample set, and enjoying it, here in South East Florida.

My Console came from a Theater on, Long Island New York.

I Rebuilt it, and then modified it for Hauptwerk.
Have been retired for quite a few years from Pipe Organ Repairs, so I have lots of time to modify what I call my (MeliTzer). My best wishes to you Mark, from, Mel- TheOrganDoc !
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

Return to General discussion