It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

No reaction from MDA to E-Mails

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

engrssc

Re: No reaction from MDA to E-Mails

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Doug S. wrote:Hope all is going well and smoothly.

That smoothly part isn't always the way it is. :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

Doug S.

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 5:37 pm

As many learn along life's path.
Doug

Andrew Grahame

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 5:42 am

Thanks Brett. Hope all goes smoothly.

Andrew

1961TC4ME

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am

Smooth sailing :mrgreen:

Marc

organtechnology

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 1:20 am

It is when things are going smoothly
That an extra dose of vigilance is required.
:roll:

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

engrssc

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 2:36 am

organtechnology wrote:It is when things are going smoothly
That an extra dose of vigilance is required. :roll:

Do we detect guarded skepticism, Thomas? :o

Rgds,
Ed

Fokko

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Dear Brett and/or the mda team,

Could you please be helpful and at least publish actual lead times for license transfers to manage expectations?
In my case we initiated July 2 the transfer processing, sample set provider (voxus) approved the transfer just within one day. Already 3 weeks have passed without any (!) message from MDA. This is pretty disappointing to me in front of holiday seasons (although I am still trying to be patient).
Fokko Horst

engrssc

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Assume you've checked your spam/junk file?

Rgds,
Ed

Fokko

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 1:25 am

Dear Ed, sorry, I am no longer in the mood for classic feedback but I modestly ask Brett or his representative for a substantive response.
Even if it has become impossible for MDA to transfer licenses for an indefinite period due to lack of resources or other obstacles, I would like to receive a substantive answer. Still hope it is not that bad.

Enjoy the new day :)
Fokko Horst

einer_von_weitem

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 3:43 am

Thank you Fokko for sharing this experience. I bought a new encrypted sample set a couple of months ago and there were complaints about slow processing by MDA back then too. In the end it took about a week (if I remember rightly) for me to receive the licence update, and I thought that this was annoying but just about tolerable.

Obviously the situation has got worse not better. And this must be bad for business. If I know it will be this long before I can actually PLAY a new sample set I will think twice about buying it. In fact there are a couple I have my eyes on and I've been debating for quite a while now whether or not to get them -- in fact (believe it or not!) I had this idea that if anything untoward did happen with MDA (not that I expect it, but then you never know!) it might be a good idea to get those sets before some unforeseen situation arises.

But if I know I'll have to wait weeks for the licence updates to come through I'll go on biding my time!
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

IainStinson

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 3:55 am

My very recent experience with MDA is that in providing updates for new licences they have been fairly prompt, and within the expected time of 24 hours (allowing for time zone differences).

Remember, the process is that the sample set supplier must notify MDA that a licence update is to be provided, MDA send the email telling the customer that they need to send in a licence update file (generated by HW on the customer's computer), then MDA must generate the appropriate update and return this to the customer.

There are many points were time may be lost. A sample set suppler may not "instantly" send MDA the notification it needs if they are very busy, or not around. They may need to wait until they know they've been paid! Trying to "short circuit" the process by telling MDA you need the update immediately after buying the sample set does not really help - they still have to wait on the sample set supplier.

It would be good if the process were more automated...but that takes time and effort.

I have no experience of licence transfers but the reported time above seems unreasonable.

Iain

CWEB

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 9:28 am

To be fair I think all my contacts with MDA have been handled within 24 hours so it's not always an issue. Your mileage may vary of course!

Fokko

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 10:56 am

Please don't misunderstand me. I greatly appreciate the commitment, knowledge and service of Martin, Brett and other stakeholders, as it has been in recent years. License transfers and dongle updates were used to be serviced within days, or maybe a within a week. The last few months (or perhaps even longer) I hear more and more delays, I read that on forums and my experience of the past 3 weeks is perhaps extraordinary but disappointing, for seller and buyer of sample sets.
It is not my intention to attack or cause unrest.

My point is that I ask for clarity as to whether MDA can service which current lead time and email can answer these days.

If MDA is unable to service within a reasonable period of time, I am considering the possibility to cancel transactions and not buy anymore till all kind of MDA-projects are finished. Thank you for your understanding.
Fokko Horst

einer_von_weitem

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 11:19 am

CWEB wrote:To be fair I think all my contacts with MDA have been handled within 24 hours so it's not always an issue. Your mileage may vary of course!

That used to be my experience too. What is not clear to me from your post is whether you have also had licence update requests handled quickly in the recent past?
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 11:51 am

Dear all,

Fokko, I apologize for the delay you have had with the license transfer. Please note this was a situation that is not normal. We do typically handle normal license updates within 24-48 hours, sometimes they are a bit delayed due to the weekend (we never let updates go a week, if so chances are it ended up in your junk mail, please always check junk mail if you do not have an update back, or your email provider blocked the email all together).

License transfers do take longer than normal due to the methods required to updates keys. Paul contacted us about the transfer but we couldn't begin the process until we obtained permission from the producer (Voxus in this case). Until we get that we are in a holding pattern. Then we need to wait to get the license removed from the original key before we can add it to yours. That said, I think it took some time to hear from Voxus and the process got behind. The whole current license system is being changed and will soon no longer have these delays for either new licenses or transfers. Everything will be pretty instant. We are well aware of the issues with the current licensing situation and for that I apologize and it's something we have been working this entire year to change. We have additional programmers working to get the new updates rolled out ASAP along with a new website which will also be mobile friendly).

The old license system was OK for the earlier days of Hauptwerk, but recently it has fallen short due to the increasing customer base and also the increasing number of sample sets using the licensing system. Since it requires manual intervention the updates cannot always be handled in real time and we do not want to train up new help on a system that will soon be replaced, so we are currently in an in between stage that I admit is not ideal, but it will soon be much better!

Again I sincerely apologize and we are striving to get new updates out that will fix all of these shortcomings and make the customer experience 100% better!

Your update BTW has been sent back so please check for that in your inbox.

Thanks for everyone's support and understanding!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion