It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:02 am

Problem getting license update file

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

prosthotoothist

Problem getting license update file

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 9:22 am

Hello,

I just purchased the upgrade to PAB Gravissimo V3 and have tried repeated times to generate a file for a license update. When I click on the "generate a new license file" in Hauptwerk, there is a "flash" of some kind of box but nothing else happens. I downloaded the PAB files and tried to install them, but that was not successful. I think it might be because I did not have a new license update in place. I am wondering if the problem getting a new license file is because I tried to install the organ without a new file in place in my USB dongle. Does anyone have any suggestion of why I would be having this problem?

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

dhm

Re: Problem getting license update file

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 am

When you go to File > Create a licence update request file, Hauptwerk needs you to tell it where to save the resulting file (filename will end in .c2v).
If your HW PC *is* connected to the Internet, then the default place to save it is the Desktop.
If your HW PC *isn't* connected to the Internet (strongly recommended), then you need to save the file to a USB stick (or similar device), then transfer it to another PC which can send e-mails. Either send the licence update to MDA as an e-mail attachment, or use the online form to submit it.
I'm not familiar with IA's procedures, but with other producers you can *download* the samples, but you can't *install or load* the organ until you have the licence update back from MDA.

Hope this helps.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

prosthotoothist

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 11:35 am

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for replying to my message; however, here is the real problem that I have. When I click on "Create a license update request file" nothing appears except for the split-second flash of some kind of message box. There is nothing else on screen except the Hauptwerk interface. Since nothing is present, I cannot tell it to save the file to a certain location. This is the problem for which I need help. Have you got any suggestions of what I can do. Do you know if my trying to install the organ has caused this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

dhm

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 11:46 am

prosthotoothist wrote:When I click on "Create a license update request file" nothing appears except for the split-second flash of some kind of message box. There is nothing else on screen except the Hauptwerk interface. Since nothing is present, I cannot tell it to save the file to a certain location.
Tom

Seems like the message box is hiding somewhere in the background.
You need to locate that box so you can tell HW where to save the update file.
What you should *not* do is try to create another update request file, as that will complicate matters even further.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

prosthotoothist

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Unfortunately, I tried several times to get things to work, so I guess I am now in a "deep pool of something." Any suggestion of how I need to get things corrected?

Tom

evertjan

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 12:18 pm

1. Take a look in the activity logfile for an error massage. Menu Help --> View Activity log

2. If you buy an update of the previous PAB, then I think that an update of the dongle is not necessary. But for sure ask IA for this. If you buy the complete version (new), then for sure, a dongle update is needed.

James

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 12:36 pm

I have just bought the upgrade for the PAB, and the license upgrade is necessary. I just got the notice from MDA to send in the request for the update,
James

prosthotoothist

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 3:03 pm

James is right in that we have received notice that we needed to have an updated license file to install the PAB V3. I have opened the log file and checked it very closely and there is no indication of an error message, just the normal stuff showing Hauptwerk opening and an organ being loaded. Just out of curiosity, is there another way to generate a new license file other than through the already mentioned method within Hauptwerk? I am just wondering where I go from here in trying to get the new organ installed. Maybe I should mention that I uninstalled the previous version of PAB Gravissimo before I tried to install the PAB V3. Could this be part of the problem? Anybody have further suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

evertjan

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 4:05 pm

A license update request file can only be made by Hauptwerk.

Uninstalling PAB doesn't block the creation of the update request file. Hauptwerk only reads the actual dongle contents.
And only Hauptwerk must be started; no organ loaded.

If you do it again and look in the activity loge file, only the end of the file is interesting. Look at the date/time stamp of the lines in the file and the moment of creating the license request file.

And another remark: the date/time of your PC must be up-to-date/actual.

Return to General discussion