It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

Error 4916 while loading a new organ

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

high5ths

Error 4916 while loading a new organ

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi, I just purchased and installed the Sonus Paradisi Silbermann Freiberg dry sample set. It installs without error, but when I try to load the organ, I get this error:
Code: Select all
The format of sample file /Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/OrganInstallationPack ages/001809/R/Dry_ow_rohrfloete4/080-G#.hbw is invalid or unsupported.

Message code (for diagnostic purposes): 4916

I tried un-installing, re-downloading, and re-installing; I've tried simple audio routing configs (loading a single rank into a single speaker, or a single rank into a single stereo pair) and get the same error every time. I'm writing to Sonus Paradisi now, but wondered if anybody had any experience with this error or this dry sample set? It is the only dry sample set I've ever bought that has separate L and R components for the dry sound, but I don't see why I'd be getting this error. I'm running Hauptwerk 4.2.1.003.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff

Example of the sample set:

1961TC4ME

Re: Error 4916 while loading a new organ

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Jeff,

Just a guess but it sounds to me like the file is corrupt which will result in an error like this. No need to uninstall and the configs. won't matter, the file has to be correct. Just try again after the suggestion below.

I'd try using this simple utility to be sure the file is not corrupt. All you do is copy and paste in the original checksum Sonus Paradisi shows for the file you downloaded and then run the utility against it. It will tell you if it's good or not. I've had a few occasions where I had to download files a couple times before they came through clean.

http://www.winmd5.com/

Marc

high5ths

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Thanks, Marc, I just checked the checksum of both downloaded files and it matches Sonus's checksum, so I don't think it is corrupt.

giwro

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 7:35 pm

Typically you can get a message like this when you’ve not yet applied a dongle update for a protected set also...
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

high5ths

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 9:54 pm

giwro wrote:Typically you can get a message like this when you’ve not yet applied a dongle update for a protected set also...

Ah! Of course that's it! It's been so long since I bought a protected set, I forgot that whole process has to happen after the purchase. Thanks, that's definitely the problem. Would be nice if the error were a little more clear ("You are missing a necessary license")!

Thanks, giwro.

engrssc

PostWed Jul 31, 2019 4:35 am

high5ths wrote:Would be nice if the error were a little more clear ("You are missing a necessary license")

Maybe in V5? :?

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support