It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

Licence

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

OllyCondy

Licence

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 am

Hello - I've been waiting for my licence for three days... Is there any news on this?

Best wishes,

Oliver Condy

Andrew Grahame

Re: Licence

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Sounds as if recent delays regarding licence updates and transfers are still occurring.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17596

In recent weeks I've requested several dongle updates - some for purchases of new sample sets and some for sample set licence transfers to new owners. A degree of patience was needed in each instance, but eventually they all went through. A delay of just 3 days for your licence update is short by comparison with the wait time on some of mine. Don't panic - it will happen in due course.
Last edited by Andrew Grahame on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andrew Grahame

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Deleted - previous message accidentally submitted twice.

OllyCondy

PostTue Aug 20, 2019 5:14 am

Thanks Andrew - it did indeed come in. But now there's a conflict with my purchase of the St Eucaire sample set that I bought yesterday. Doesn't seem to recognise my licence, it appears... Do you know if I'd need an update for this? O

Andrew Grahame

PostTue Aug 20, 2019 5:23 am

Did you already own the St Eucaire sample set? If so, then it sounds as if the licence update file which you've installed for the new purchase has accidentally removed the licence for St Eucaire. It's possible for more than one change to be incorporated into a single update file. I think this problem would need to be raised with MDA. If the St Eucaire licence has been inadvertently removed, then a second update will be needed to put it back.

OllyCondy

PostTue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 am

I bought the St Eucaire after installing the HW licence. All very frustrating. So not sure how to proceed.

OllyCondy

PostTue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 am

Might it be worth reinstalling HW afresh, and then seeing if that makes a difference. All my other instruments are free ones so can easily be downloaded again? Would that make a difference?

Grant_Youngman

PostTue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 am

Don't reinstall HW. That isn't the problem.

If your purchase of the St Eucaire occurred after the dongle update you just received was initiated, then you should (eventually) get a notice that a dongle update is required for your new sample set. You will then have to generate a new dongle update request, following the procedures in the guide.

I have no idea how to make this process occur more quickly than it seems to happen currently.
Grant

OllyCondy

PostTue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am

Thank you Grant - that's very useful. And it all sounds very dull - given the amount of money this all costs, it seems unnecesarily complex and time-consuming. I have a recital to prepare for, and simply want to get on and play! Groan...

Return to Technical support