It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

Support from Hauptwerk

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

OllyCondy

Support from Hauptwerk

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Slightly tearing my hair out here - have spent coming for £700 on software from this company and no acknowledgment of the difficulties and software problems I'm having, despite several attempts to contact them. Anyone else suffering similar frustrations? Come on Hauptwerk - you have a new customer here.

mnailor

Re: Support from Hauptwerk

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 3:46 pm

You didn't say whether you have submitted a support request for a specific problem here:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/support/

Have you? Was the support ticket opened and acknowledged by email? How long has it gone unanswered?

How did you describe the problem, so someone here might be able to help?

The problem with your licenses (another thread) appears to be that you didn't follow instructions and do things in the right order, which is easy to do when you're unfamiliar with the process. It won't be that hard if you remember to read the popups and the user manual. I think you got the correct advice on the forum and I hope that's resolved now, or at least you know you have to submit a new license update request for St Eucaire if you hadn't done so yet.

I'm not trying to criticise, just am unclear about what the current problem is nor the steps you've taken so far.

Thank you.

OllyCondy

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 6:04 pm

I did fill in the forms asking for help - and I got the automatic reply. But nothing else. The thing is, as a newcomer, it's difficult to know how to proceed when there is no manual for installing the organ - I can't see any mention anywhere of a licence request for that particular organ. Have I missed something?

OllyCondy

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm

PS What pop-ups and what user manual? I can't see any of these things...

mnailor

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm

The downloadable user guide is here: https://www.hauptwerk.com/support/documentation/

I meant the popup window of instructions that appears when you create a license update request.

How many days not including weekend have you waited on the support ticket?

I don't know if St Eucaire came with its own instructions, but installing organs from the File menu isn't hard to figure out.

I do think it requires a license update. I'd check your junk and spam folders to see if an email got filtered telling you to create an update request. If not, you could add that question to your support ticket.

Did you get media or a download for St Eucaire? There might be a file in there giving instructions.

magnaton

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 10:31 pm

You may want to contact François at:
http://www.hauptwerkconsultant.com

Maybe some verbal communication or remote PC access could help.

Danny B.

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 10:52 pm

I have got the best support from HW.
But if I have had in hands a good book about HW, everything had been more easy.

See: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14329

Luis

IainStinson

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 3:38 am

Duplicated by system. Deleted.
Last edited by IainStinson on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

IainStinson

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 am

From what I observe, you have bought two items from Milan Digital Audio, MDA, at the same time.

The present HW licence system works with one item at a time.

When you buy a sample set or an upgrade to HW from basic to advanced edition, you should receive an email from MDA asking you to create a licence update request. You do this from the HW program, using the File, generate a licence update request .
We need to perform a license update to your Hauptwerk USB key for a recent order you have made. Please follow the steps below to initiate your license update.
1. Attach the Hauptwerk USB key to your computer and launch Hauptwerk.
2. Click "File | Create a license update request file..."
3. Save the file to your desktop (do not zip or modify this file).
Visit this page to submit your license update request file and we will send the update back to you as soon as possible with instructions for applying the update.
IMPORTANT: Once you have used the 'File | Create a license update request file...' menu option to create the file to send to us, please do not use this menu option again until you have received and have applied the file that we will email back to you, otherwise the update will need to be repeated.

This creates a file which you send to MDA as a mail attachment (as per the instructions you should have received).

MDA use this to create the licence update file which will add this “product” to your set of licensed products. They will send this to you as an email attachment.
Follow the steps below to apply your license update.
1. Save the attached file to your desktop (do not unzip or rename this file).
2. Attach the Hauptwerk USB key to your computer and launch Hauptwerk.
3. Click "File | Apply a license update file..."
4. Select the license update file from your desktop then click OPEN.
5. Restart Hauptwerk and your license will be applied.

When you receive this, using HW you must apply this to your system using the HW File, apply licence update. Only when you done this is your licence on your system licensed to use the product you have purchased..

If you buy two products (at the same time), you must complete the process, including applying the licence, for one before starting at the beginning (generating the licence update request) for the other product.

See page 171 in the manual for some info and pg 11 for general information.

When you buy your first licenced product you are sent the USB dongle and I think the instructions may be slightly different....

The current licensing system is to be updated/enhanced in the near future...
(Cold comfort...)

Iain

OllyCondy

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 am

Thank you Iain - much appreciated. But the truth is I’ve had no emails telling me to submit licence update requests. All rather puzzling. Have looked in my junk folder too. So have had to guess what to do. Have now submitted a licence request for St Eucaire, so will see. I didn’t get an email from Hauptwerk when I upgraded to Advanced, either. Not sure what the problem is.

mnailor

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 8:17 am

I've had MDA emails lost where I had to log into my mail provider's web site to look in my spam folder on their server.

OllyCondy

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 9:10 am

Well yes, but my email is an outlook one, so all web based anyway... Do you think that submitting a licence update request without the email prompt (given that I need anyway) would work. I have the order number from the St Eucaire purchase download anyway. I assume once I've updated the dongle, it'll let me load up the final file? I have to say that if my dad had to do this, he would have been *totally* lost.

mnailor

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Yes, once you get and install the license update, the sampleset install should go through based on my installing a few MDA organs in the past.

Without the "reference number" from the missing email prompting you to create and submit a license update request, it probably needs a person at MDA to handle it less automatically, so it might take longer than usual.

I'm sorry this has been such a trial for you and gives a bad impression starting out. It might be that someone at MDA is out sick and things are getting backed up, or there's an email problem, just speculating without any knowledge... But over the years their service has been above and beyond, with rare slowdowns.

OllyCondy

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 am

Well, chaps, I got it sorted in the end. But I never did get a reply from the support emails I sent. As you say, they may be ill or on holiday. I think the main thing to take from this is that HW need to make it clearer for newbies such as me - that instruments need a licence to work, and that those licence prompts are sent *up to three or four days* after purchase. And will come into your junk folder, most probably. And that you can't install an organ without first updating the dongle. For old hacks, it seems obvious, but for me, eager to get learning my Tournemire, it's been rather frustrating. But - thank you all so much for your help. It really is appreciated and I will be coming back for more hints and tips.

Return to Technical support