It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 am

No License Request update from Milan

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

hiker54

No License Request update from Milan

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 10:21 am

Hi all,

I've received my PAB version update software from Inspired Acoustics several weeks ago and still haven't received an email from Milan to send in my dongle file for updating. I have been ill for the last month and have not been looking at my email too closely. And yes, it is NOT in the junk, spam, etc. folder.

What to do?

Hiker 54
Bob

josq

Re: No License Request update from Milan

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 10:53 am

Keep contacting them. The licensing process has all sorts of issues and delays since a year or so, but until now I have not heard of any situation that didn't get solved in the end.

ppytprs

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 5:22 am

I don't think they email to request the file any more. You just have to send it, it seems.

engrssc

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 5:58 am

ppytprs wrote:I don't think they email to request the file any more. You just have to send it, it seems.

That's not true. There are specific procedures that must be followed. Read the manual starting at the bottom of page 66.

License update functions The Create a license update request file and Apply a license update file options on the menu should only be used when specifically instructed by Milan Digital Audio or your Hauptwerk or sample set vendor. They are used to allow us or a vendor to update your Hauptwerk USB key remotely if you buy certain additional third-party sample sets, or if you upgrade your Hauptwerk license.
These menu options will only appear when the Hauptwerk USB key is attached to your computer (with its driver installed).

You will be contacted with exact instructions for the procedure if your Hauptwerk USB key needs to be updated in that way. The update process is simple and takes only a few moments, but the update may fail and need to be repeated if it is not performed as described in the instructions sent to you.
Note that you need to be able to send a small file from your Hauptwerk computer, and to receive another small file back (each less than 10 KB) onto your Hauptwerk computer in order to update your Hauptwerk USB key. Usually these files are sent by email. However, if your Hauptwerk computer is not connected to the Internet, you can simply save them to a USB memory stick or write-able CD to transfer them between your Hauptwerk computer and another computer that has Internet access.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hiker54

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 am

How am I supposed to contact Milan? They never (Brett) post in the forums anywhere! So, are they monitoring the forums?

Bob

engrssc

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 am

If you purchase a new or upgrade an existing Hauptwerk license, you will be contacted by MDA.

If purchase a sample set from MDA, likewise you need to wait until you are contacted by MDA.

If you purchase a sample set from another vendor, it is up to the vendor to contact you regarding sending you the specific instructions regarding updating the license (dongle). At the same time that this information is sent to you, likewise the sample set vendor will send that information to MDA. Ultimately, it is MDA who will do the update procedure.

If you haven't received instructions from a vendor, you need to contact the vendor.

Further, you can contact MDA by filling out this form.https://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/contact/.

This antiquated licensing procedure is going to be improved, basically automated. Until such times, the above is currently the procedure in place.

Rgds,
Ed

IainStinson

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am

The above is not quite correct...

When you buy a sample set from a supplier, the supplier notifies MDA and MDA, not the supplier, emails the customer asking them to generate the licence update request file. When MDA receives the update request file, they generate the update file and return this by email to the customer to install on their system.

Many opportunities for delay by the sample set supplier and MDA....

Iain

Tweedle_Dee

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 am

I just bought a new sample set and because I've heard about all the delays, I went to https://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/license-updates/ and sent them the request without waiting for the email. I got the update license file within 24 hours (yesterday).

engrssc

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 12:22 pm

IainStinson wrote:The above is not quite correct...

When you buy a sample set from a supplier, the supplier notifies MDA and MDA, not the supplier, emails the customer asking them to generate the licence update request file. When MDA receives the update request file, they generate the update file and return this by email to the customer to install on their system.

I stand partially corrected. To be clear, on my last 2 sample set purchases, the supplier notified me (first) that they had received payment were in the process of notifying MDA. A short time later, I received the emailed instructions from MDA. This sequence of events happened previously as well.

Rgds,
Ed

hiker54

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 3:22 pm

I used to applaud Milan's customer service. Now they NEVER respond in the forums and I have heard nothing but negatives from anyone trying to contact them! I know they are developing a new version of Hauptwerk, BUT they need to support their current customers!!!!!

Hiker54

josq

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 pm

I agree. These recent situations do not feel all right. Let's hope something will change and improve soon, whatever it is.

hiker54

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 pm

Some back ground

I have been a Hauptwerk owner since 2012. I currently own 21 organs. On November 12, 2017, I was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and given 4 months to live. Obviously I am still alive, but limping along. Chemotherapy and 22 medications have kept me alive. Chemo has been effective against the cancer, but it has been extremely effective against my body: Extreme kidney damage almost to kidney failure, extreme anemia requiring transfusions and 2 emergency transfusions, extreme nerve damage to my feet causing me to loose my balance and fall, extreme insomnia lately-- zero sleep every other night and the latest and most troubling extreme nerve damage to my inner ears. $6000 hearing aids DO NOT help. I can no longer hear anything above D in the seventh octave. (on a 2' stop the D above middle D).

I have been waiting to receive the license request email from Milan for my favorite organ ----PAB Gravissimo while I am still upright!

Bob

engrssc

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 3:38 am

Certainly wish good things for you and commend your courage. Not sure why it's taking so long. With my last purchased sample set, the wait was 6 days. That was approx one month ago. Assume Csaba sent the information to MDA as he is good about things like that.

Rgds,
Ed

Tweedle_Dee

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am

I don't know if you saw my post above, but have you tried submitting through the MDA website? Took exactly 24 hours for me. I submitted right after I got purchase confirmation from the sample set producer.

https://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/license-updates/

Return to General discussion