It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am

MOTU Digital Performer 10 and VST plugin

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

akheather

MOTU Digital Performer 10 and VST plugin

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Greetings -

I have done a HW technical support request but have not receive an acknowledge email or response. I did include the file generated by HW with the support request.

Problem is Digital Performer (DAW of choice) examines each VST plugin (once, only once!) and determines if it is OK to go.

In my case, it rejected the HW plugin, but without giving a reason. According to windows, the HW 64 bit VST plugin is version 4.2.0.14.

On the off chance that there is an issue with the plugin (corrupted), I generated a checksum of the file as a CRC-32 with a result of 30248EEF. If someone else would generate a CRC32 checksum of their working 64 bit VST with the same version number and come up with a different checksum (or the same) I can isolate or rule out the plugin.

I have opened a tech support request with MOTU, no response yet as well, asking if they can help me understand what is wrong with the plugin so that I can resolve the issue.

DP 10 64 bit v10.01.79936, W10 WS, all current updates, HW v4.2.1.003 advanced version.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Heather

ldeutsch

Re: MOTU Digital Performer 10 and VST plugin

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 11:33 pm

Heather,

I also use DP10 as my DAW, running my home studio. I am running HW and DP on a Mac, so things may be different.

I just checked at DP10 does not list HW as "found" audio plus-in. However, I noticed two things that are important:

1) DP10 says it will examine plug-ins both when it is run for the first time AND when a new plug-in is installed. Hence, you should be able to force a new examination by removing the plug0in component from its folder, running DP, quoting DP, and then replacing the component.

2) I checked in the locations DP says it checks and there are no HW plug-in components on my machine in either location - hence it is completely reasonable that DP cannot find them.

Perhaps the HW plugin is also not present in the right place on your computer? You can get the list of placesDP looks by asking for "plug-in" in DP's help menu.

I hope some of this helps.

Les

akheather

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 11:40 pm

Les -

Thanks for the response. I have added locations for DP to check in the lower window of the audio plugin. Have removed the folder with HW from the search, refreshed the search, then added the search location back.

When trying to create an instrument track with HW vst, HW is not shown in any of the selections.

As a novice with DP (even though have had it for years, got frustrated several times, now forcing the learning curve) am I doing something wrong?

The first time DP ran thru the VSTs it did say the HW VST was not loaded due to ???.

Thanks again

Heather

ldeutsch

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 pm

I have never used HW as a DP instrument - so I have no experience with this. It should work, assuming you can get DP to recognize the plug-in.

I use DP to run a small home recording studio with mostly real acoustic instruments. I also use some Garritan instruments, like their piano samples. I have not had any problems.

The only thing I use DP for with HW is editing recorded tracks and adding reverb. My workflow is:

1) Record several takes of a piece using HW's internal audio recorder.

2) Move the resulting audio files to DP.

3) Use DP's normal editing controls to make cuts and fades as necessary.

4) Apply appropriate convolutional reverb.

Les

Return to Technical support