It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:24 am

Help selecting a Big sample....

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

magnaton

Re: Help selecting a Big sample....

PostFri Sep 13, 2019 9:23 am

Anto800 wrote:When I got to try it, the day after I ordered it immediately. I think it's the best sample set I bought, and it also responds to all the features you've requested

I've been told about a couple of headless VPO installs in the Midwest (Phoenix organs using a Hauptwerk engine) who are using this sample set. The organ consultant I spoke to for these installs had the same reaction you did.

Danny B.

IainStinson

PostFri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 am

From the Voxus web site:
If the sampleset not what you expected you can cancel you purchase whitin 14 days for the cost of 20 euros (dongle update and handling).

Not as good as a trial but at least you can get most of your money back if it is not what you want.

Iain

B777Captain

PostMon Sep 23, 2019 4:00 pm

I wanted to UPDATE my results for my quest:

I will first say that I don't think my quest is quite finished yet. There are just too darn many samples that are amazing!

I decided to purchase the Aristide which is a compilation of several big CC and others. It meets all my desires and then some!

Having said that... I am also quite interested in the Armley Schulze sample although not sure if it's a true 61/32 keyboard.

Oh, I just love this HW. I've had HW for about a decade now. When you stop and think about it.... We all literally have these Magnificent instruments... In Our Living Room!! How totally amazing is that!!!

I also will say thanks to my consultant Francois (Hauptwerkconsultant.com) for his guidance.

Play away!!

Patrick
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Cooky

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 am

Have a look at the Melbourne Town Hall organ from Inspired Acoustics.
With 10,000 pipes, 150 stops and more 16'+32' acoustic ranks than just about anything other than Atlantic City it should be big enough.
And it only needs 60gb RAM for the full version.
Previous

Return to General discussion