Search:
Submit Search

Help selecting a Big sample....

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.

Re: Help selecting a Big sample....

Postby magnaton » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am

Anto800 wrote:When I got to try it, the day after I ordered it immediately. I think it's the best sample set I bought, and it also responds to all the features you've requested

I've been told about a couple of headless VPO installs in the Midwest (Phoenix organs using a Hauptwerk engine) who are using this sample set. The organ consultant I spoke to for these installs had the same reaction you did.

Danny B.
magnaton

Postby IainStinson » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:19 pm

From the Voxus web site:
If the sampleset not what you expected you can cancel you purchase whitin 14 days for the cost of 20 euros (dongle update and handling).

Not as good as a trial but at least you can get most of your money back if it is not what you want.

Iain
IainStinson

Postby B777Captain » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:00 pm

I wanted to UPDATE my results for my quest:

I will first say that I don't think my quest is quite finished yet. There are just too darn many samples that are amazing!

I decided to purchase the Aristide which is a compilation of several big CC and others. It meets all my desires and then some!

Having said that... I am also quite interested in the Armley Schulze sample although not sure if it's a true 61/32 keyboard.

Oh, I just love this HW. I've had HW for about a decade now. When you stop and think about it.... We all literally have these Magnificent instruments... In Our Living Room!! How totally amazing is that!!!

I also will say thanks to my consultant Francois (Hauptwerkconsultant.com) for his guidance.

Play away!!

Patrick
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada
B777Captain

Postby Cooky » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 am

Have a look at the Melbourne Town Hall organ from Inspired Acoustics.
With 10,000 pipes, 150 stops and more 16'+32' acoustic ranks than just about anything other than Atlantic City it should be big enough.
And it only needs 60gb RAM for the full version.
Cooky

Previous

Return to General discussion