It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 pm

External Hard Drive

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

atugores

External Hard Drive

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 7:53 am

I have to buy a new computer (my older one crash) but the high prices of apple when you try to configure one mac mini with like one with 32 Ggs ram and a SSD of 1 Tb are extremely expensive, at least where I leave. So I'm thinking ol buying the lover mac mini i5 six core with 8 Ggs ram and a har drive of 250 Ggs, to increase the ram up to 32 cost more or less 240 €, the apple one almost 700€, so this is not a problem for upgrading the ram, but the hard drive is not upgradable once you have it at home,, with 250 Ggs original HD the OS system and HW will fit on there, but not the rest, so my question is when installing all my organ sample sets can I do this in an external HD ?, does HW give the possibility to to this, thank you.

mnailor

Re: External Hard Drive

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 9:13 am

I have two external drives that HW uses. It does support that.

atugores

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Thank you for your answer, but how to do this ?, because when I click the menu/file/install organ or temperament it ask where is the organ but does not ask where you want it to be installed, it does install automatically in the same HD where HW is, I look in the manual but I could not find these particular action.

Erzahler

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 5:24 pm

If you buy an older MacMini (maybe refurbished) you can upgrade the hard drive to 1TB SSD. Also you can install 16GB of RAM. I have done that to a 2012 mac. Use an external hard drive for backup. I am not sure how or if you can load a sample for use from an external hard drive.

mnailor

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Please see user guide page 25 about changing installation locations by rerunning the installer. Also read planning folder sizes a few pages before that. The installer moves your installed files for you.

Also see this topic and search forums for "moving installation folders".

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15896&p=119335&hilit=moving+installation+folders#p119335

Return to Technical support