It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pm

Touchscreens Problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Connian

Touchscreens Problem

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 am

Hi Brett,

I have a problem with my 2 MT7XXX touchscreens when using my Paramount 332 samples.
Have just had a problem with a bust hard drive and windows 7 which had been work brilliantly.
Had a new hard drive fitted with windows 10!!! as Win 7 no longer available with support The Hauptwerk 4.2.1 is working OK but I'm having a problem with my 2 touchscreens. When I touch a stop on either screen the mouse jumps to another stop altogether and on either screen. I've downloaded new drivers for the MT7 scneens but to no avail, still doesn't work. I am attaching a diagnostic file to see if that can shine any light on my problem.
Best regards.

Ian Charlton

jrball

Re: Touchscreens Problem

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 am

I had a similar issue and solved it by getting a modern video card with 2 HDMI outputs.

dhm

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Connian wrote:I have a problem with my 2 MT7XXX touchscreens when using my Paramount 332 samples.
I am attaching a diagnostic file to see if that can shine any light on my problem.

A Hauptwerk diagnostic file won't be any help at all, because it only relates to problems with Hauptwerk itself.
The functioning of the touchscreens is a completely separate matter, related only to Windows and your (or their) touchscreen driver.
Irrespective of touchscreen brand, I have always used these drivers, and never had any problem:
http://www.eeti.com.tw/drivers_Win.html.
If you hadn't already bought Windows 10, I would have recommended sticking with Win 7, which I have always found to be stable, reliable, and hassle-free (unlike Win 10). If your HW PC is never connected to the Internet, then lack of support from January 2020 shouldn't be a problem.
I'm a great believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and Windows 7 ain't broke.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

csw900

PostWed Oct 02, 2019 2:12 am

I regularly use a touch screen with windows 10. The mouse pointer jumps to where you touch the screen and because it works OK I assume this is what should happen.

I did not install any drivers for my touch screen as windows 10 fully supports this type of screen. I suggest you try removing your old (manufacturer dependent) touchscreen driver/s and let Windows do the work. Your problem is probably a conflict between your old driver/s and the Windows drivers which are probably installed whether you want them or not.

csw900

jrball

PostWed Oct 02, 2019 8:09 am

From the start menu type "tablet pc settings" and follow the instructions to identify and calibrate.
In my case an old video card such as might be present in a Win7 pc did not work.
I bought a new card and suddenly the touchscreens worked.
I use three screens, one regular for PC work and two touchscreens on the organ console.

csw900

PostWed Oct 02, 2019 12:52 pm

A touch screen will work correctly in Win 10 whether or not you engage tablet mode.
csw900

jrball

PostWed Oct 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Tablet PC settings are different from a tablet. Confusing, yes it is.

Return to Technical support