It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 am

Anyone one at MDA?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

organsRgreat

Re: Anyone one at MDA?

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 6:03 am

On 17th October I emailed a request to move a licence from one dongle to another. I run two complete Hauptwerk systems as I find it helpful to combine sample sets; occasionally I decide things would work better if one of my sample sets was on the other computer. No response as yet, so I just wanted to check that the following email address is OK - it's the one I used when I last contacted MDA with a similar request:

orders@milandigitalaudio.com

Thanks!

dhm

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 8:25 am

That is the one I always use for sending licence updates etc.
And it’s the “From” address for acknowledgment of orders and returning licence updates.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

organsRgreat

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 8:41 am

Thanks for a quick and reassuring response dhm - I can see that things are busy at Head Office just now, so it's good to know that I've chosen the appropriate channel for communication :-)

larason2

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Just going back to Engrssc’s (Ed’s?) post, here is what I’m hoping to see in the next version of Hauptwerk:

-Revised and updated GUI (graphical user interface), updated for modern monitors
-Custom stop layout screens
-CODM editor
-Expanded voicing options
-RAM usage calculation

Exciting times for Hauptwerk fans! Can’t wait for version 5.

engrssc

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 6:18 pm

larason2 wrote:-Expanded voicing options

This is one option that I would like as well.

Rgds,
Ed

jwillans

PostTue Nov 05, 2019 4:38 am

Back to the original topic - have those people having support issues with MDA had them resolved?

deWaverley

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 1:51 am

Erzahler wrote:If you received a dongle update today in 2 hours why say you are saddened by the decline in support standards. Several members have posted that all is well and MDA are working full time on version 5.
Time to end this thread.

Sorry, I have only just seen this reply to my post.

I was not thinking of issuing licenses as 'support' - that's just an operational matter that one would assume to run smoothly - I was glad to see that it was back up to speed and wanted to leave a positive 'review' of that excellent service.

The 'support' I was referring to was the amazing days when Martin would reply at length with explanations for people who had problems using the software; this set Hauptwerk apart from any other product any of us use.

It may well be that that wonderful level of service is no longer sustainable, but I find it perfectly reasonable for me (and many others) to be 'sad' that service levels have 'declined' from that very high level.

david515mi

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 12:13 pm

There’s some encouraging news at the top of the forum pages.

Erzahler

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Anyone at MDA. Of course - V is coming.

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 1:07 am

Mcguckind wrote:Hi
A licence from Inspired Acoustics was removed from my Key on October 7 and has not yet been transferred to the buyer. There has been no response from MDA and both myself the buyer and inspired acoustics have all Emailed lots . are they on holiday or ill.
Kind regards
David

David have you gotten this resolved? I apologize for the lack of response and I want to be sure you are taken care of!

Thank you,
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 1:51 am

deWaverley wrote:
Erzahler wrote:If you received a dongle update today in 2 hours why say you are saddened by the decline in support standards. Several members have posted that all is well and MDA are working full time on version 5.
Time to end this thread.

Sorry, I have only just seen this reply to my post.

I was not thinking of issuing licenses as 'support' - that's just an operational matter that one would assume to run smoothly - I was glad to see that it was back up to speed and wanted to leave a positive 'review' of that excellent service.

The 'support' I was referring to was the amazing days when Martin would reply at length with explanations for people who had problems using the software; this set Hauptwerk apart from any other product any of us use.

It may well be that that wonderful level of service is no longer sustainable, but I find it perfectly reasonable for me (and many others) to be 'sad' that service levels have 'declined' from that very high level.

Greetings! I am trying to address this problem as simple and as direct as possible. This past year has been a focus on not ONLY releasing Hauptwerk V but also restructuring the entire licensing platform, The old dongle system was no longer working as I am sure most of you will agree. A lot of Brett's time and Martin's time was being spent caught up in things that the new release will be able to automate. The new system will give you access to HWV and your instruments quickly and easily.

I am sure many of you miss Martin on support. He was intentionally taken off support to focus on V...and the next release after that...and so on. His mind is on the future. During this time support suffered but that made the new release possible. That being said the issue with support is being addressed and fixed. MDA has invested a substantial amount of money and time to get us to launch V and the new licensing platform. Everyone here is revitalized and excited. There are many new things on the horizon!

Thank you, and all the forum members, for your understanding and help in this transition time!

We are going to move forward together!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Mcguckind

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 1:58 am

Hi Michelle,
Thank you the transfers are now complete.
I apologise for my frustration.
Many I suppose had no idea that Everyone at MDA was working tirelessly to get version V out.
And we all wait in great anticipation. Hauptwerk is a fantastic programme
and no doubt this major update will transform this programme to another level
Thank you to everyone at MDA
David

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 2:09 am

David,

I can understand your frustration and appreciate your forgiveness!!

Thank YOU!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 4:34 am

And welcome to you Michelle. Appears (for us in the USA) in your early morning posts that you have a good idea of the future of Hauptwerk, as well as some of the issues surrounding this version 5 product launch. There are many very knowledgeable members of this Hauptwerk Forum which are both capable and willing to support your efforts.

I would propose a (new) Hauptwerk theme (borrowing from the late Elvis Presley), that being TCB Taking Care of Business which will be, no doubt, welcomed by all.

Again, welcome, glad to see you here. :lol:

Rgds,
Ed

profeluisegarcia

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 3:12 pm

...And nice to have around here a haupwerkian smiling woman¡
Luis (Colombia)
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion