It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 am

Starting a Hauptwerk v5 Trial question

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

evertjan

Starting a Hauptwerk v5 Trial question

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Martin,

In viewtopic.php?p=133846#p133846 you have written:
Please note that in order to commence evaluation of Hauptwerk v5 you would need the computer on which it's installed to be connected to the Internet (at least briefly, in order to activate the trial). If your main Hauptwerk computer is not connected to the Internet, but you have an iLok dongle, then you should potentially be able to install Hauptwerk v5 temporarily on an Internet-connected computer, use it to start a trial (activating the trial to your iLok dongle), then exit Hauptwerk and move the iLok dongle to your main Hauptwerk computer (with Hauptwerk v5 installed on it) in order to continue the trial there.

If you install Hauptwerk on another PC, connected with internet, must I open an iLok Cloud session on that PC before I start Hauptwerk 5 for activating the trial? I think: yes, but for sure I ask this.

mdyde

Re: Starting a Hauptwerk v5 Trial question

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 am

Hello Evert-Jan,

If you plan to activate the trial to an iLok dongle (so that you can then move it to a non-Internet-connected computer) then, no -- on your Internet computer you would just need to make sure that the iLok dongle is attached, use the 'Sign In' button in iLok License Manager (no need to use 'File | Open Your Cloud Session'), then launch Hauptwerk v5 on that computer and choose the option to activate the trial to your iLok dongle (not iLok Cloud).

Only if you were planning to use the trial exclusively on computer(s) all of which had reliable, always-on Internet connections might you instead prefer to activate the trial to iLok Cloud.

A dongle is needed if you plan to use the trial on any computer that doesn't have a reliable, always-on Internet connection. If you use a dongle then you would normally want to activate any licences (including trials) to the dongle (rather than iLok Cloud), so that those licences and trials can then be used on your non-Internet-connected computer(s).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

evertjan

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 am

Hello Martin

thank you for your answer. Now it's fully clear for me howtodo.

Evert-Jan

mdyde

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 am

Thanks, Evert-Jan.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support