It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

Suggestion: Limit/hide parts of long audio config lists

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mnailor

Suggestion: Limit/hide parts of long audio config lists

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 1:05 pm

As I get more used to it, the new audio mixer is really good. And to handle its impressive flexibility, there have to be very long lists of buses and channels in the audio control windows, which can be confusing.

One thing that might make it easier to use is what RME and MOTU do in their mixer applications to reduce visual clutter and scrolling. There are options to hide/unhide ranges of objects that we don't need to work with for our configurations.

For example, if I only need to see 1 mixer preset, all 8 master buses and 8 intermediate buses, 24 bus groups, and 12 stereo devices, being able to select the remainder with Shift or Ctrl and hide them would be a significant help. We would need a way to restore all hidden objects in the list in case we need to change it.

Thank you.

mdyde

Re: Suggestion: Limit/hide parts of long audio config lists

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello nmailor,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We do hope to do something along those lines for a future version (although we'd have liked to, there wasn't time to include it in v5.0.0 itself). I've added your notes to our enhancement log, so that they get considered for the future.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

Re: Suggestion: Limit/hide parts of long audio config lists

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 1:22 pm

As always, thank you, Martin!

Return to Technical support