It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:11 pm

Licenses not recognized

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

andersonxt

Licenses not recognized

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 8:19 pm

I have installed v5 on my non-internet organ computer and can load and use non-licensed sample sets--but not the v5 versions of licensed sets. I hope someone can see my error.

On my internet computer, iLok LicenseManager shows all 14 of my licenses with Activation Status: Active.

On my organ computer, with the dongle inserted and recognized, LicenseManager shows, under tab=Local, “14 Activations.”
There are 14 lines in the frame to the right, with these entries under the columns:
Product Name: Unknown
Subtype: Product
Type: License.
There are no entries under the other column titles.

When I click on any one of the 14 lines, the line entries under “Details” are
License Status: Active
Type: License
Subtype: Product.
All other lines entries are blank.

I have downloaded v5 versions of 9 sample sets (three have 2 or 3 licenses each). I have not been able to install any of them completely. I get error message 1223. For example:

The organ definition file named ‘OrganArt 1687 Arp Schnitger Steinkirchen.Organ_Hauptwerk_hbx’ couldn’t be loaded to query its version, while attempting to install the component packages ‘C:/1687 Art Schnitger Steinkirchen V5.0-001525.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar’. If it’s a licensed file then perhaps a license hasn’t yet been installed for it.

The message for the Armley Schulze is 0073:
A licensing package isn’t installed. Please download the current version of Hauptwerk’s master licensing package file from https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/, then use ‘File | Install …’ to install it.
(Missing licensing package: 001056, needed for file: E:/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/OrganInstallationPackages/000987/Armley-Peda |-SubBass32/036-C.hbw.)

Thanks.
Last edited by andersonxt on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OrganoPleno

Re: Licenses not recognize

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 9:44 pm

andersonxt wrote:The message for the Armley Schulze is 0073:
A licensing package isn’t installed. Please download the current version of Hauptwerk’s master licensing package file from https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/, then use ‘File | Install …’ to install it.

Looks like that's your answer. An installed and "activated" license still isn't quite ready to run. It has to be referenced in a data base file that you can download from hautpwerk.com as mentioned above.

When new Sample Sets become available, and you install them with their license, you will need to download and install a new version of that data base file as well.

andersonxt

Re: Licenses not recognized

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Oh, thanks so much. I had done that step--but incorrectly.

All those hours lost because of sloppy reading....

Return to Technical support