It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 pm

Crash loading Paramount 320 on Windows

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

fchazz

Crash loading Paramount 320 on Windows

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 9:31 am

will I need neww activation codes? Got the P320 loaded but get a blank screen and an error code. Loaded the non licensed P310 and it works perfectly. And does sound great! Have not tryed the P341 yet. Waiting to see how it goes with Joe Hardy.
Frank H.
Last edited by fchazz on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

Re: still waiting for Paramount

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 am

fchazz wrote:will I need neww activation codes? Got the P320 loaded but get a blank screen and an error code.
Frank H.

Hello fchazz,

Please let us know the exact text (and error number) of the error that's being reported. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

fchazz

Re: still waiting for Paramount

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 9:45 am

an error has occured while running hauptwerk windows exception code c0000005 abort. I never got the diologe box where Hauptwerk is installing the 320 and it will load faster the next time. It just went to the regular loading organ diologe box, opened the organ to a blank screen however at the top my mini panels for transpose and audio were present. Then I closed Hauptwerk and got the windows exception code c0000005.

I also just installed the P341 and it went perfectly. YEAH!

adendum.... I just removed all previous traces of my version 4 P320 and did a clean install of the P320 for Hauptwerk version 5. It went through the total load-in process this time but still comes up a blank screen with the exception of the large floating panels that normally show up on the first run of a new organ install, then Hauptwerk crashed. Every other organ I have loaded is working great!
Last edited by fchazz on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

Re: Crash loading Paramount 320 on Windows

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Hello Frank,

I've split the posts above off from their original topic, and moved them here, since they're relating to a separate issue.

I've just tried the Paramount 320 here on Windows 10, and also on macOS 10.13.6, and it works properly for me on both platforms in Hauptwerk v5.

If you exit Hauptwerk, and instead temporarily try launching it via a spare, previously-unused 'Hauptwerk (alt config N)' configuration (desktop short-cut), does the Paramount 320 then work? (Perhaps some particular organ-specific setting is causing the issue. The different configurations have independent settings.)

Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

fchazz

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Martin, I tried loading the 320 under a different configuration and got the same resultsand the same error code.
evrything else is great. I got all of my launchpads buttons programed and working fine on the P341.

mdyde

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Thanks, Frank.

Temporarily using that 'spare' configuration, could you save and email a diagnostic file to me ('Help | Create a diagnostic file')? I'll send you a P.M. with a direct email address. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

jkinkennon

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 8:58 pm

I have the same issue with the Paramount 320. I can load and run the 310 fine. I have a license registered on the iLok for the 320 and it comes up fine until it needs to display a screen. The PC is an Intel i9 running Win 10.

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 6:47 am

Hello Frank,

Thanks for the diagnostic file. Am I correct in understanding that you're using the Hauptwerk VST Link for audio output? If (still using your 'spare' 'alt config N' configuration), you instead temporarily use a different audio device (e.g. an ASIO driver), and you don't have any other audio software (e.g. VST hosts) running, does the crash still occur?

I can reproduce that the Paramount 320 crashes for me (on both Windows and macOS) upon audio activation if, and only if, the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link is selected as the audio output device in Hauptwerk. The MDA MasterWorks Skinner behaves the same on macOS, but works properly for me with the AU/VST Link on Windows. St. Anne's, and other organ definitions installed with Hauptwerk, do appear all to work properly with the AU/VST Link. I've written up a bug entry here, pending further investigation (which I will get to absolutely as soon as I can, but it's an extremely busy right now, just after the v5 release):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17970&p=135506#p135506

My apologies for that bug.

This topic also covers it: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18001

jkinkennon wrote:I have the same issue with the Paramount 320. I can load and run the 310 fine. I have a license registered on the iLok for the 320 and it comes up fine until it needs to display a screen. The PC is an Intel i9 running Win 10.

Does it happen for you if, and only, using the Hauptwerk VST Link for audio output? Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

fchazz

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 7:36 am

Yes Martin. I use the vst link to Canitabile so that I can run The Aria player on my upper most keyboard at the same time with Hauptwerk and only use the standard single client asio driver. I had also been using it for the reverb however that is no longer necessary thanks to version 5.
I will try loading the P320 without the vst link and let you know what happens.
Frank h.

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 7:54 am

Thanks, Frank.
Best regards, Martin.

fchazz

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 7:57 am

OK Martin, That is where the bug is! The P320 loaded and ran as it should with the vst link turned off. Thanks for the help trcking this down! :D
Frank H.

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 am

Thanks, Frank.

Glad to hear we've found the source of the problem, and apologies again for the bug.
Best regards, Martin.

fchazz

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 9:16 am

Glad I could help! You guys are doing a wonderful job regardless of the unforeseen glitches which can be expected anytime computers and software are concerned.
I really appreciate all of you!
Frank h.

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks very much, Frank.
Best regards, Martin.

jkinkennon

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Leaving the VST link off worked for me as well, Martin.

I've configured the new V mixer to avoid needing Reaper and the VST.

This was a very low priority for me as all the other sample sets are fine. Thanks!!!
Next

Return to Technical support