It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am

Salisbury Organ

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

kwbmusic

Salisbury Organ

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:48 am

I have installed several of the MDA organs in Version V successfully, however I seem now to have a problem with Salisbury Vol II (Vol I works OK). I get a message that the file 000144/Salisbury-Choir-Lieblich-Gedackt-16/036-C cannot be used in this version of Hauptwerk.
I then re-downloaded Packages 2 and 3, reinstalled them. However got the same error.
Help anywhere?
Keith

mnailor

Re: Salisbury Organ

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 8:38 am

I installed Salisbury 3 volumes yesterday and it worked fine. Did you use the download links in Brett's PDF in forum news and announcements?

Sorry, I know that saying "It works on my machine" isn't helpful.

smfrank

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 8:44 am

I had to delete the old Salisbury first, then it worked fine.
Most sets do nice upgrades, some do not.
Just be sure to save your settings when its asks.
Steve
Steven Frank

mnailor

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 9:21 am

Ah. I did uninstall samplesets first, preserving settings. Thanks, smfrank.

kwbmusic

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 6:21 pm

You are right. I uninstalled Salisbury. When then reinstalled it worked. Interesting I have changed over around 20 organs and this is the only one requiring me to start afresh. Thanks to the advice above.
Keith

mdyde

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 7:52 am

I've just checked, and there's actually a small mistake in the current v5-comaptible versions of the Salisbury Volume 2's installation packages. (The new packages have lower version numbers than the old ones, so Hauptwerk's component installer won't install them over the seemingly-newer version.) Pending an official fix, in the meantime the work-around is just to make sure that you un-install all of the Salisbury sample set's data packages ('File | Uninstall ...') before installing the v5-compatible version.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

CarsonCooman

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 6:52 pm

mdyde wrote:I've just checked, and there's actually a small mistake in the current v5-comaptible versions of the Salisbury Volume 2's installation packages. (The new packages have lower version numbers than the old ones, so Hauptwerk's component installer won't install them over the seemingly-newer version.) Pending an official fix, in the meantime the work-around is just to make sure that you un-install the Salisbury sample set before installing the v5-compatible version.

Is it possible to choose "re-install" for those packages in question (instead of waiting for it to default to "upgrade") and have it work?

mdyde

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 4:18 am

Hello Carson,

If you try to install a package that has a lower version number than is already installed, Hauptwerk's component installer will *only* give you the options for 'un-install' and 'no action'. (It's designed to prevent somebody accidentally installing an 'older' version over a 'newer' one.)
Best regards, Martin.

CarsonCooman

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 6:38 pm

mdyde wrote:If you try to install a package that has a lower version number than is already installed, Hauptwerk's component installer will *only* give you the options for 'un-install' and 'no action'. (It's designed to prevent somebody accidentally installing an 'older' version over a 'newer' one.)

One other question related to this: if the version number of the version now available is lower than a later version, are we sure that the new MDA HW 5 encrypted version of Salisbury does include the 1.10 patch released in May 2012?

mdyde

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 5:04 am

Hello Carson,

I'm not sure, but I sent an email to Brett yesterday with the details so that he look into it.
Best regards, Martin.

WmHurt

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 2:43 pm

The uninstall did not offer a chance to save the settings; simply went directly into the uninstall. I have the previous version on a separate HW configuration -- is there a way to import settings from that into the freshly installed Salisbury set?

Looks as though this is anticipated -- see page 32 in the user manual.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello WmHurt,

Un-installing data packages will never lose any existing settings/combinations/voicing. If un-installing an organ definition then Hauptwerk will ask you whether to delete your existing settings/combinations/voicing for the organ, but if you say 'no' then it will leave them untouched. Hence they should still be there.
Best regards, Martin.

IainStinson

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Deleted. (User error)

kwbmusic

PostFri Feb 28, 2020 1:50 am

Did Salisbury, full set, come with included general combinations. I have only recently got to play with the version 5 upgraded set and it doesn't have any. Can't remember if I had set my own and have subsequently lost them.
The various keyboards do have combinations resident still.
Keith

IainStinson

PostFri Feb 28, 2020 4:17 am

The piston settings used by Daniel Cook who was the assistant organist at Salisbury around the time of the release of the sample set, were posted to the forum. They may be found at http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12553&p=93184&hilit=+salisbury+piston+#p93180.
Iain.
Next

Return to Technical support