It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm

v5

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mdyde

Re: v5 warning

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello atugores,

I see that in your previous topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17966

... that you mentioned that you're using macOS 10.11 ('El Capitan'). I mentioned there that if upgrading an existing installation on a Mac, you do specifically need to uninstall/delete your existing installation before installing v5, as covered here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17850 , and you mentioned:

atugores wrote:I did an installation from scratch and successfully completed

Can I just confirm that you didn't also copy any files or folders manually (e.g. using Finder) into '/Users/atugores 1/Hauptwerk'? The error message suggests that there's a file/folder permissions issue, either on a file within:

'/Users/atugores 1/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponent/TemporaryFiles'

... or on the folder itself. The only ways that I think could happen are if:

1. Either a file/folder has been changed there outside of Hauptwerk (e.g. using Finder to copy something there), or:

2. Perhaps you're currently running Hauptwerk logged in via a different macOS account than the one you use to run the Hauptwerk v5 installer? (It's important that you always run Hauptwerk using the same account that you used to install it, otherwise you're likely to get file/folder permissions issues.)

Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

atugores

Re: v5 warning

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks Martin, No, as I explain and due to the electric thunderstorm, my HW mac mini is destroyed and I presume de dongle also as I told you (I'm making some test now) so I installed HW 5 to another Mac an iMac I use for office and family, I did from scratch and everything works perfect till those messages star to appear (when those warning pops up and I quit from HW when running again HW, the Ilok cloud force me to enter de activation code,(it say something like this copy of HW needs activation) t seems that when that warning comes up the ilok clod session close and then several warnings appear, I have them all but I don't knowhow to post it.
By the way I almost get HW 5 multichannel with ST. ANNE'S working, a little more study and that's it

mdyde

Re: v5

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Hello atugores,

Thanks for the updates. [I've merged your two threads together, since they're cross-referencing each other so much.]

atugores wrote:No, as I explain and due to the electric thunderstorm, my HW mac mini is destroyed and I presume de dongle also as I told you (I'm making some test now) so I installed HW 5 to another Mac an iMac I use for office and family, I did from scratch and everything works perfect till those messages star to appear

In that case, please use Finder to navigate exactly to the folder:

'/Users/atugores 1/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponent/TemporaryFiles'

... and completely delete whatever files/folder are within that folder (but don't delete the folder itself).

Note that you will need to make sure the option for your account name is ticked on the 'Sidebar' pane in Finder's preferences, in order to be able to browse to your account's home folder. Your account's home folder is '/Users/atugores 1/'. I.e. within your account's home folder, you need to go to 'Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponent/TemporaryFiles'.

(Perhaps some sample set that you've installed had some unusual file permissions on one of its files/folders, although Hauptwerk normally manages to guard against that.)

atugores wrote:By the way I almost get HW 5 multichannel with ST. ANNE'S working, a little more study and that's it

Excellent -- thanks.

atugores wrote:when those warning pops up and I quit from HW when running again HW, the Ilok cloud force me to enter de activation code,(it say something like this copy of HW needs activation) t seems that when that warning comes up the ilok clod session close and then several warnings appear, I have them all but I don't knowhow to post it.

You should just need to:

Before launching Hauptwerk on a computer:

- Make sure that you've used 'File | Close Your Cloud Session' in iLok License Manager on any other computer.

- On this computer, in iLok License Manager, make sure you're signed in, and that you've used 'File | Open Your Cloud Session'. (Only have a cloud session open on one computer at a time.)

- In iLok License Manager, make sure that your Hauptwerk licence (not just a trial) is activated to iLok Cloud. (You should only need to do this once.)

Hauptwerk should then work fully, and iLok License Manager shouldn't be prompt you to enter any activation codes.
Best regards, Martin.

atugores

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Thank you very kind of you, I'll do all that and let you know

atugores

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 5:37 am

Good morning Martin,
I think that the problem that asked me the activation code every time I started HW5 is solved. I have a new mac mini (2nd hand) and I have to start all over again so I have 3 questions:
1º - HW 5 works with El Capitan? In the case the answer is NO, with OS do you think is more advisable for stability. ( I do not want Catalina)
2º - The license works with ilok cloud and ilok3 USB at the same time (I mean can I have both). For example, at home I use ilok cloud but one day I go to a friend's house or to a church and there is no internet, can I use ilok3 USB in this case?.
3º - Suppose we have played an organ without reverb in "Msrt prst 1" (I use "Msrt prst 1" to add reverb to dry organs), and then I want to load an organ with reverb for the first time (I cannot change to "Msrt prst 2 "without having an organ loaded) so I load the sample in" Msrt prst 1 "and then changed to" Msrt prst 2 ", if this is the first time do I have to distribute the rank and keyboards to their respective bus, but what happens in the same situation if I change "Msrt prst" after having distributed the rank ?. I have to say that "Msrt prst 1 and" Msrt prst 2 "are different.
I hope I have expressed it well, thanks Martin.

mdyde

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:04 am

Hello atugores,

atugores wrote:I think that the problem that asked me the activation code every time I started HW5 is solved.

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

atugores wrote:I have a new mac mini (2nd hand) and I have to start all over again so I have 3 questions:
1º - HW 5 works with El Capitan? In the case the answer is NO, with OS do you think is more advisable for stability. ( I do not want Catalina)

Hauptwerk v5 isn't officially supported on macOS 10.11 ('El Capitan), but if it installs at all, then Hauptwerk will probably work properly on it in practice. We will offer technical support on officially-unsupported platforms provided that any issue doesn't appear to be due to the platform, and that the issue can be reproduced on an officially-supported platform.

I user macOS 10.13.6, and can certainly recommend that (and we fully support it).

atugores wrote:2º - The license works with ilok cloud and ilok3 USB at the same time (I mean can I have both). For example, at home I use ilok cloud but one day I go to a friend's house or to a church and there is no internet, can I use ilok3 USB in this case?

You can't have any given licence activated both to iLok Cloud and a dongle. However, in iLok License Manager, you could potentially manually deactivate your licences from one, and and then activate them to the other.

If you have a dongle, then my recommendation would be just to use that (not iLok Cloud).

atugores wrote:3º - Suppose we have played an organ without reverb in "Msrt prst 1" (I use "Msrt prst 1" to add reverb to dry organs), and then I want to load an organ with reverb for the first time (I cannot change to "Msrt prst 2 "without having an organ loaded) so I load the sample in" Msrt prst 1 "and then changed to" Msrt prst 2 ", if this is the first time do I have to distribute the rank and keyboards to their respective bus, but what happens in the same situation if I change "Msrt prst" after having distributed the rank ?. I have to say that "Msrt prst 1 and" Msrt prst 2 "are different.

If you change settings on the 'General settings | Audio mixer' screen for any given mixer preset (e.g. mixer preset 2) at any given time, then the changes you made will automatically apply to any organs that are set to use that particular mixer preset (whether in the future, or previously). (No mixer settings are 'cached' or duplicate at the organ level.)
Best regards, Martin.

atugores

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you for your help Martin, You have been very helpful.
By the way is it possible to load a free organ sample that doesn't need a license in v5. I would like to make some more test before transfer my dongle to ilok.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 5:02 am

Thanks, atugores.

If the v4 sample set isn't copy-protected (encrypted) then yes -- it can be used directly in v5.
Best regards, Martin.
Previous

Return to Technical support