It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm

No audio on new (to me) sample sets

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

david515mi

No audio on new (to me) sample sets

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm

All of my old sample sets are working great in V. However, I’ve since downloaded a few sets that I didn’t have before, such as the recent free Aeolian-Skinner and one of the Grabowski sets. I did the normal keyboard setups. These new sets are not producing any audio, though all looks normal on the screens. Any help would be appreciated.

David

mdyde

Re: No audio on new (to me) sample sets

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Hello David,

Did you migrate your existing audio settings/routing to v5 (as opposed to resetting to defaults, when prompted when v5 first ran)?

Also, please try launching Hauptwerk via a a 'spare' 'Hauptwerk (alt config N)' configuration (desktop short-cut), then using 'General settings | General configuration wizard' to reset everything to defaults, then select you standard audio device (not the VST/AU Link), then load one of the organs exhibiting the problem, then use the 'Organ settings | Organ configuration wizard' to reset all settings to defaults. Does it still exhibit the issue? How about St. Anne's?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

david515mi

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Martin,

Thanks for your help! Switching audio settings to default has cured the problem!

David

mdyde

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanks, David.

For reference, I've now posted a known bug entry here regarding ranks of newly-installed/loaded organs possibly not being audible by default if Hauptwerk v4 audio routing had initially been migrated to v5 (and not subsequently reset): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17970&p=136250#p136250 . My apologies for that oversight in the v4->v5 audio routing migration.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support