It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

trial mode

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

patrice

Re: ilok account

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Ah thanks Martin
now its clear!
i try
patrice

patrice

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello Martin
The solution 1 is not possible
i just tried
i am in win 32 ,so one can install hw5 to test or update only on 64bits OS
i dont know people in 64 bit surfing on the web
i'm so obliged to connect my 'organ pc'
and look how to!
Last edited by patrice on Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

patrice

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Martin
Can you tell me if,in trial mode,the file" organinstpackages",remain the same as before and the file "organ cache" too
assuming that the sset dongle protected need to be in v5 and reinstalled
In short, after installing the trial mode,can i play my v4 organs non encrypted nor protected,without doing nothing else
thanks

mdyde

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 5:56 am

Hello Patrice,

patrice wrote:The solution 1 is not possible
i just tried
i am in win 32 ,so one can install hw5 to test or update only on 64bits OS
i dont know people in 64 bit surfing on the web
i'm so obliged to connect my 'organ pc'
and look how to!

To try to make it easier for you, given that can't easily install v5 on a computer with an Internet connection in order to activate a trial, I'll send you a private message via the forum with an activation code for a Hauptwerk trial. (That way you won't need to have v5 installed on a computer with an Internet connection.) You can then simply attach the iLok dongle to your Internet computer, sign in within iLok License Manager, and use 'Licenses | Redeem Activation Code' to copy/paste the activation code that I'll send you. When iLok License Manager asks you where you want to activate the licence, choose your iLok dongle (not iLok Cloud). You can then move your iLok dongle back to your Hauptwerk computer (which doesn't have an Internet connection) and use it there to run Hauptwerk v5 in trial mode.

Given that you're just evaluating Hauptwerk v5 at this stage, for now please just ignore the other steps I mentioned previously about migrating your sample set licences to v5. (My apologies for any confusion there -- I misunderstood that you bought an upgrade already).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 6:02 am

patrice wrote:Martin
Can you tell me if,in trial mode,the file" organinstpackages",remain the same as before and the file "organ cache" too
assuming that the sset dongle protected need to be in v5 and reinstalled
In short, after installing the trial mode,can i play my v4 organs non encrypted nor protected,without doing nothing else
thanks

Hello Patrice,

If you install v5 on a computer then it will upgrade your existing installation/files to v5, and you won't be able to run v4 again without fully un-installing v5 (selecting the option in the uninstaller to remove all files/settings), then re-installing v4. Please see also my FAQ post here for more details:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133612
mdyde wrote:Please note that any given computer (operating system partition) can only have one version of Hauptwerk installed on it at any one time. Once a new version has been installed it isn’t possible to revert to a previous version without uninstalling Hauptwerk completely (selecting the un-installer's option to remove all settings and files) then re-installing the older version, which would wipe any existing settings. Hence there’s no easy way to revert to pre-v5 installation once v5 has been installed. (In case you do subsequently decide you want to revert to a previous version, please do make sure that you use 'File | Backup ...' within the previous version BEFORE you install the newer version.)

Please also note, that once you have used Hauptwerk v5's menu function to migrate your pre-v5 sample set licences to v5 then there is no way to reinstate those pre-v5 sample set licences, or to reinstate your pre-v5 Hauptwerk licence itself. Hence make sure that you have evaluated v5 and do indeed wish to upgrade to it BEFORE you use the menu function to migrate your pre-v5 sample set licences.
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 6:49 am

many thanks Martin to answer especially a sunday
patrice

patrice

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 7:02 am

hello Martin sorry to disturb again
but when i will transfer the ilok key on the hw pc ,must the hasp dongle be present too?
so the 2 dongles plugged?

mdyde

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 7:42 am

Thanks, Patrice. You're very welcome.

patrice wrote:when i will transfer the ilok key on the hw pc ,must the hasp dongle be present too?
so the 2 dongles plugged?

For just evaluating Hauptwerk v5, you don't need the v4 HASP dongle attached to anything.

(The only time that you would need the v4 HASP dongle would be if you later decide that you do definitely want to buy an upgrade to v5 and then that you do definitely want to migrate your v4 HASP-licensed sample sets to v5 via the 'File | Initiate migration of Hauptwerk pre-v5 sample set licenses to this version ...'. However, definitely *don't* use that menu function until you're completely certain that you want to keep using v5 from now on.)
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

hauptwerk v5 is about to change eveything"2"

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Hello,
After 15 days of consulting the forum and hesitating to upgrade, I finally decided to take the plunge;
I wanted to try it first and I ordered an ilok key that I received yesterday.
I first read the tutorial on hauptwerk.com to install the trial version and already there there is an error. It is not explained that you must be logged in to validate the operation
Martin Dyde helped me a lot to understand things and even sent me a validation code, because I don't have internet on my pc hauptwerk
I must say that I was not very hot to continue, but hey
So after an hour of trying, I managed to validate the code, validate it, and put the ilok on my hW pc and install version 5
I had of course a backup and fortunately a copy of the directory 'sample set and components'.
So I launch HW5 and here is what I see ": Hauptwerk intel 64bits AVX has stopped working" I click several times to try to close the window and I get there after 5 times
I managed to load hauptwerk, none of my organs are loading and for good reason!
all the audio output and audiooutput group functions no longer exist!
All non-encrypted and unprotected V4 organs must be recharged.
All versions 5 of the organs downloaded (20 hours) on the sonus paradisi site, in my organs, therefore validated, indicate an error message, relating to "hauptwerk master licensing packages"?
after 2 hours of struggle, I decide to come back
I run the installer, impossible!
finally, I go to 'program removal' and remove hauptwerk completely.
and rebelotte, I redo upside down, deleting lilok, reinstalling Hasp, installing hw4,
transfer of the folder sampleset and components in the HW directory, restore backup, and finaly, after 8 hours everything works again.
now i am reloading one by one all my organs ,like the first time and make a great defragmentation
For a test it was a test!
So, balance sheet:
- 20 h of download
-50 € of dongle for nothing
-A big fright
-one more day for 'load organs' for the first time
-It has been 17 years since I hauptwerk and I know the system well, I have never had any problem until today
I blame myself for having tried v5, I was convinced that it would screw up
I have no complaints about Martin
I think HW5 should not be an upgrade, in the sense that it changes everything that was before, hence the title of the topic!
in my opinion, the upgrade operation is not within everyone's reach, unlike previous versions.
that's it for me it was blacksunday
I'll never install v5 by loosing my v4, there is no easy turnaround possible
Its the full version which must be sold at 199$ for advanced users and keep the v4 in rescue
I only have to pray to St Martin than my good old dongle
works "perpetually"
Qui tollis peccata mundi suscipe

mdyde

Re: trial mode

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 6:58 am

Hello Patrice,

[I've merged your new topic and your previous two technical support topics together, since they cross-reference each other so much.]

I'm very sorry to hear that you found the process of moving to v5 so difficult and decided to revert to v4. However, why didn't you simply ask us for support if/when you found things that you needed help with during the process? We could easily have helped you with those things.

Some brief answers to your points:

patrice wrote:I managed to load hauptwerk, none of my organs are loading and for good reason!

When you first launch Hauptwerk v5 it shows the 'General Configuration Wizard' and asks you whether you want to discard your v4 audio routing and reset it to defaults. The option is ticked by default (and recommended for best results), but you can simply un-tick it for you prefer to keep your existing v4 routing. That's also explained in the Hauptwerk v5 release notice.

patrice wrote:All non-encrypted and unprotected V4 organs must be recharged.

(Unless you specifically un-installed Hauptwerk v4 first), non-encrypted organs don't need to be re-installed in v5. When you first *load* any given organ in v5 (e.g. via 'Organ | Load organ') the organ's cache will automatically be regenerated (which takes a while, but requires no actions on your part). The same was true when moving from v2->v3, or v3->v4, for example.

patrice wrote:All versions 5 of the organs downloaded (20 hours) on the sonus paradisi site, in my organs, therefore validated, indicate an error message, relating to "hauptwerk master licensing packages"?

If trying to load any dongle-licensed sample set, then the Hauptwerk licensing packages file needs to have been installed. (That's covered in the release notice, user guide, and in the instructions I mentioned previously.) However, if just evaluating v5 then you wouldn't be able to load dongle-licensed sample sets anyway (since you wouldn't yet have migrated your v4 sample set licences to v5).

patrice wrote:after 2 hours of struggle, I decide to come back

I discussed with you yesterday that the only way to revert a computer from v5 to v4 is to un-install Hauptwerk completely, then re-install v4.

Anyway, if, in the future, you do decide to try to upgrade again, then please let us know and if needed then perhaps we might be able to help you throughout the process, so as to get you up and running on it. (For example, perhaps Francois would be able to help you as you did it, given that he also speaks French natively.)
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 8:25 am

mdyde wrote:Hello Patrice,

[I've merged your new topic and your previous two technical support topics together, since they cross-reference each other so much.]

Hello Martin, i am surprised that my topic disapeared but i understand its a bad publicity and i take that for censure
but you might also suppress all the topics which speaks of the 'ease to move' because its false

I'm very sorry to hear that you found the process of moving to v5 so difficult and decided to revert to v4. However, why didn't you simply ask us for support if/when you found things that you needed help with during the process? We could easily have helped you with those things.

Hello Martin ,they were so much issues that i know its better ,at a point to revers when its still time

Some brief answers to your points:

patrice wrote:I managed to load hauptwerk, none of my organs are loading and for good reason!

When you first launch Hauptwerk v5 it shows the 'General Configuration Wizard' and asks you whether you want to discard your v4 audio routing and reset it to defaults. The option is ticked by default (and recommended for best results), but you can simply un-tick it for you prefer to keep your existing v4 routing. That's also explained in the Hauptwerk v5 release notice.

Sorry Martin, but y've done that, 'untickets all' but i lost all my existing routing
patrice wrote:All non-encrypted and unprotected V4 organs must be recharged.

(Unless you specifically un-installed Hauptwerk v4 first), non-encrypted organs don't need to be re-installed in v5. When you first *load* any given organ in v5 (e.g. via 'Organ | Load organ') the organ's cache will automatically be regenerated (which takes a while, but requires no actions on your part). The same was true when moving from v2->v3, or v3->v4, for example.
As the previous audio routing was not anymore available, the cache is obsolet;My word "recharged" is incorrect i meant reloaded ,then recached

patrice wrote:All versions 5 of the organs downloaded (20 hours) on the sonus paradisi site, in my organs, therefore validated, indicate an error message, relating to "hauptwerk master licensing packages"?

If trying to load any dongle-licensed sample set, then the Hauptwerk licensing packages file needs to have been installed. (That's covered in the release notice, user guide, and in the instructions I mentioned previously.) However, if just evaluating v5 then you wouldn't be able to load dongle-licensed sample sets anyway (since you wouldn't yet have migrated your v4 sample set licences to v5).
So i cannot evaluate my prefered sample sets encrypted in v4 nor in v5 in trial mode? thats why i installed the trial
patrice wrote:after 2 hours of struggle, I decide to come back

I discussed with you yesterday that the only way to revert a computer from v5 to v4 is to un-install Hauptwerk completely, then re-install v4.
Yes ,i dont blame you anything , i was aware of that ,but to uninstall hw completely,it was a pain,the pc crashed ,they were a chkdsk and the message of warning from intel
Anyway, if, in the future, you do decide to try to upgrade again, then please let us know and if needed then perhaps we might be able to help you throughout the process, so as to get you up and running on it. (For example, perhaps Francois would be able to help you as you did it, given that he also speaks French natively.)
Last edited by patrice on Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 am

Hello Patrice,

patrice wrote:Hello Martin, i am surprised that my topic disapeared but i understand its a bad publicity

I merged your topics together because most of the points in your new topic were referring directly to things from the previous topic, so it makes it easier to see the history of it.

patrice wrote:Sorry Martin, but y've done that, 'untickets all' but i lost all my existing routing

If you definitely unticked that option for resetting audio routing, then something else must have caused it to be reset. If you'd stopped and contacted us at that point, we could have identified what had caused that to happen, and got the settings back for you.

Anyway, as I mentioned. if you do decide to try it again at some point in the future then we can help you through the process, to make sure it's a success. (If you do, for good measure, I'd suggest waiting until at least v5.0.1 has been released, since any bugs that get found would be rectified in that.)
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 9:15 am

mdyde wrote: patrice wrote:
Hello Martin, i am surprised that my topic disapeared but i understand its a bad publicity

I merged your topics together because most of the points in your new topic were referring directly to things from the previous topic, so it makes it easier to see the history of it.

Hum,hum

patrice wrote:f you definitely unticked that option for resetting audio routing, then something else must have caused it to be reset. If you'd stopped and contacted us at that point, we could have identified what had caused that to happen, and got the settings back for you.

Anyway, as I mentioned. if you do decide to try it again at some point in the future then we can help you through the process, to make sure it's a success. (If you do, for good measure, I'd suggest waiting until at least v5.0.1 has been released, since any bugs that get found would be rectified in that.)

For the moment i'm getting better to upgrading
Its like i added a cigar lighter to my car and i was forced to change the motor
If that was independant of my current installation ,i totally agree it can have bugs or problems, but here there is no choice
There is nomore organ in the house
thanks from a user who had rejoined hauptwerk a little time after you :) :(

mdyde

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 9:41 am

Hello Patrice,

To reply to the extra point that I see you've added into your previous post:

patrice wrote:So i cannot evaluate my prefered sample sets encrypted in v4 nor in v5 in trial mode? thats why i installed the trial

It's correct that you can't load your existing dongle-licensed sample sets in v5 in trial mode (unless you migrate your v4 sample set licences to v5, after which point they wouldn't be usable in v4). That's covered in the FAQ, and I discussed it that with you in my reply earlier in this (merged) thread:

mdyde wrote:Hello Patrice,

Thanks for the interest in v5.

Please see my FAQ thread for detailed answers to those questions:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133612
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133611
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133617
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736

In summary:

patrice wrote:1 in trial mode is it possible to load organs hw v4 non encrypted

Yes.

patrice wrote:1 in trial mode is it possible to load organs ... hwv5 enccrypted?

Yes. However, if the sample is licensed via the dongle then you would only be able to load the sample set if you had migrated your v4 sample set licences to v5 (or if you get a trial licence for the sample set from the sample set's maker, for those sample set producers who offer them, if any). If the sample set is encrypted but not licensed via the dongle then yes -- you can load it in v5, without needing to have migrated your v4 sample set licences.

All encrypted sample sets need to be downloaded and install at their v5-compatible versions.

patrice wrote:2 CAN install v5 trial to test on my computer Which has v4?

3 on trial mode , does v5 erase v4 ?

Provided that your computer meets the v5 prerequisites (see the release notice: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/ ) then you can install v5 on the computer and it will upgrade your existing v4 installation.

You can't have have two different versions of Hauptwerk installed on any given computer (operating system boot partition). You can, however, install different versions of Hauptwerk on different computers, or on a different operating system boot partitions, with the exception that if you migrated your v4 licences to v5 then you would no longer be able to use v4 except in Free Edition mode and with non v4-dongle-licensed sample sets.

patrice wrote:4 after installing v5 trial can one révért toV4 by uninstalling v5 trial and applying "Restore previous backup made on Hwv4?

If on the same computer, you would need to un-install Hauptwerk completely, selecting the option in the un-installer to remove all settings/files/folders, then install v4 'from clean'. You could then use File | Restore ...' in v4 to restore the last backup that you had made from Hauptwerk v4, so as to get your settings/combinations/voicing back to that point in time, and then re-install all of your v4 sample sets.

patrice wrote:5 on trial mode , with the ilok dongle, Until i dont validate the migration , the hasp dongle is not erased?

Correct -- the v4 (HASP) dongle is not erased until you use the v5 'File | Initiate migration of Hauptwerk pre-v5 sample set licenses to this version ...' menu function.

In case you do subsequently decide you want to try again with it, Francois has agreed to help you in your native language, which might perhaps help to get things cleared up in advance.
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am

no, thanks
Previous

Return to Technical support