It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Hw5 upgrade problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Bonanches

Hw5 upgrade problem

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 6:19 am

Hw. Upgrade problem.
I am presently upgrading to Hw5 Advanced on my Win.10 P.C. To date I have Hw5 up and running with all my unencrypted sample sets migrated and working with previous settings. My iLock has my encrypted licences installed and enabled. I download my M.D.A. and Sonus Paradisi updated versions. I downloaded (I think ???) the Hw Complete License Package by clicking on the link. I got a full screen of computer jargon with the blue computer working circle. When that had completed I assumed it had downloaded. I tried to install the Cappel M.D.A. organ but got a message “The organ definition file couldn’t be loaded to query its version while attempting to install etc. etc. If it’s a license file perhaps a license hasn’t been installed for it Message code 1223. My guess is that the Complete License Package hasn’t installed.There was no sign of it in downloads. I uninstalled the old Cappel but the result was the same. Not being a computer buff I am wondering if there is a procedure for installing this package and or have I omitted something?
Best wishes
Julian.

mdyde

Re: Hw5 upgrade problem

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 6:34 am

Hello Julian,

From your description, it sounds like your Web browser tried to display the contents of the licensing packages file, rather than downloading it.

Please try:

- Go to this page: https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

- Right-click on the black 'License package' button, and select 'Save ... as ..' (or whatever terminology the particular browser you're using has for it). You need to make sure that it actually downloads (saves) the file, rather than just displaying it. (In case it's easier, the direct link to the file that you need to download is: http://downloadhauptwerk.com/hauptwerk/ ... ptwerk_rar ).

- Once the file has downloaded, in Hauptwerk v5, use 'File | Install ...' to install that downloaded file (i.e. HauptwerkLicensingPackages.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar ).

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

NickNelson

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 6:37 am

Bonanches wrote: I downloaded (I think ???) the Hw Complete License Package by clicking on the link. I got a full screen of computer jargon with the blue computer working circle. When that had completed I assumed it had downloaded.

Julian,

For me this has never worked using the MS 'Edge' browser, it tries to save it as an .html file, and I have no idea why. For me, the quickest way to download the licence package was to use the 'Chrome' browser instead. This will give you the 'Save As' option allowing you to put it where you want and install it into HW as usual.

Nick

Bonanches

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 am

Job sorted !!
The same happened on the links you gave me Martin, however Nick’s advice worked. The fault was with Microsoft Edge. It was doing the same thing when I tried to download the Hereford updates.
I installed Google Chrome and we are now all systems go.
I am very grateful to you both for your help
Best wishes
Julian

mdyde

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 11:12 am

Thanks very much, Julian.

Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RichardW

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Pardon me for butting in but the html associated with the "License Package" button is missing a "download" option in the html anchor statement.

Here is one that works from my website that did not before I added the:
Code: Select all
download=""

part.

Code: Select all
<a href="downloads/Taylor-Diagram-V1_2.xlsm" download="">Taylor Diagram v1.2</a>

Note: I am not an html expert!

Regards,
Richard

Return to Technical support