It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am

Finale and Hauptwerk

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

dretuks

Finale and Hauptwerk

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 12:18 pm

I have been using Finale Notation program to compose with Hauptwerk. When I use a sample set with with the Finale Hauptwerk link in score manager, Finale plays the sample set organ. I like to compose using the samplsest sound in the score.
When I have Hauptwerk and the Finale score on the desktop, I cannot enter notes with speedy note entry with the organ sound at the same time because the stops shut off when I click on the Finale score. The issue becomes more complex because at times it does work, mainly with Strassburg sample set. I am trying to find any logical reason why this happens.
Any help is appreciated. I have consistently been able to use the Strassburg set. I was able to use the Giusbasco set, but now that does not work.
To try to word it simply, at times clicking on the Finale score shuts off the loaded stops, other times it works with some sample sets.
Thank you
William Gordon

mdyde

Re: Finale and Hauptwerk

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 pm

Hello William,

[Topic moved here.]

Whilst I can't offer technical support officially for it (and Finale isn't one of our officially-supported AU/VST hosts), briefly: my guess is that you have the MIDI IN port in Hauptwerk that's receiving the MIDI data from Finale (e.g. the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link) ticked in the right-hand (MIDI recorder/player/sequencing) column on the 'General settings | MIDI ports | MIDI IN ports' screen. That column uses a special, fixed MIDI implementation, as covered in the 'MIDI sequencing, the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link ...' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (starting on page 216 in the v5.0.0 version of the guide).

We instead recommend configuring Hauptwerk for use with notation software is described in the 'Composing pieces off-line from MIDI notation software' sub-section (pages 227-232).

Hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

dretuks

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 pm

That is what is causing it.
Thank you

mdyde

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Thanks, Dave.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing