It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 pm

iLok License Manager

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Jib

iLok License Manager

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 5:05 pm

Hello,
My HW computer (Win10) is not connected to internet. I had iLok Licence Manager installed on another computer (connected to the net) and activated my v5 license on the iLok dongle. When I'll plug the dongle on my HW computer, will I need iLok License Manager on this computer? And is some driver needed for the iLok dongle?
Thanks for your help.

mwdiers

Re: iLok License Manager

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Jib wrote:Hello,
My HW computer (Win10) is not connected to internet. I had iLok Licence Manager installed on another computer (connected to the net) and activated my v5 license on the iLok dongle. When I'll plug the dongle on my HW computer, will I need iLok License Manager on this computer? And is some driver needed for the iLok dongle?
Thanks for your help.

The iLok License manager is required on any computer you intend to use an iLok dongle on. The manager is also the iLok driver software.

rayjcar

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 pm

To install the license manager you can just copy the "LicenseSupportInstallerWin64" file to a USB stick and install it on your Hauptwerk computer from that. That way, you don't need to connect your Hauptwerk computer to the internet. The only time you will need to connect to the internet (from some computer with the License Manager) is when you want to activate new licenses or move other licenses.

The License Manager does not actually have to be running on your Hauptwerk computer - just installed so that the driver gets installed.

Ray

Jib

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 1:18 am

OK. Thanks.

Return to Technical support