It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

Expected wait time for version 4.2 license updates?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

seh52

Re: Expected wait time for version 4.2 license updates?

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 12:17 am

Thanks for your note, Michelle. I followed instructions, resubmitted the license update request and look forward to receiving the license update.

seh52

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Thanks to help from Michelle, my January 7 license update request was completed yesterday, January 17.

Pete_K

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 am

I submitted my second licence update request on January 14 and still haven't received the update. This time I used the order number from the 'subject' line of the vendor's order summary, and also included the name of the vendor in the 'Order/reference number' field. Any chance you can help get this sorted out, Michelle?

PS: Since I submitted my second update request a bit before seh52's second request, I decided to submit it again but this time just used the number from the 'subject' line of the vendor's order summary (with no other information) in the web page's 'Order/reference number' field. I can provide you with that number if you want to contact me via private message.

jackhsmit

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 3:10 pm

The "stated" waiting time for HW4 License updates has, as far as I know, always been a "rubbery" 24 hours. Until recently the HW website stated that MDA "usually" responds with 24 hours. I have seen NO adjustment of that claimed response time since the website "changed" when HW5 was launched.

Alas,my interaction with Milan on this level is too new to know any better times --- my installation, then Basic and Advanced progression (for which I needed Milan intervention and responses) is from March to August 2019. I have no better experience with Milan than a repeat-experience of very consistent breach of that agreement. This week, for the umtienth time, I am waiting for a V4 License update, first requested by Forestpipes (for the Waldkirchen sampleset) last Sunday 19 January.

Yesterday I sent a reminder to Milan, and sent them a License update request file I generated "to help their process".

Many folks here are excited about HW5. I am not. I suspect the MAIN reason for the launch of HW5 is so that Milan does not have to manually send License updates to the worldwide population of Hauptwerk. I have no other impression from Milan as a deeply entrenched attitude of Passive Resistance against doing this License update job for its customers.

Every time this situation has arisen I'm back at the same point: having just spent hundreds of dollars, but needing confirmation from Milan (which does NOT arrive for days and days and days, then a week, or two...), I walk around the house in a semi-tortured state, knowing I'm as dependent on "the goodwill" of Milan as a newborn baby is on a response from mother, until this job is done.

This aspect of owning a HW system is the MAIN frustrating and infuriating experience I have had since first installing the software. And it has determined the deep and consistent level of negativity I feel about this company.

Pete_K

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am

I submitted my first update request on January 4 and another request on January 14, after Michelle said that all requests through 1/12/20 had been processed. Either delays have grown substantially or there is something wrong at MDA's end. I'd think sample set vendors would be concerned about this, since it probably has an impact on their sales. There is another sample set I would have purchased by now if I had confidence in getting the license update.

zurek

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:24 am

Yes, recently, I had to refund money to a customer who was waiting for his dongle update since the beginning of December and it never happened.

Also, there is a customer who is waiting for the licence transfer since 25th December, and it seems there is no dongle update for him yet.

I hope they will fix it soon in MDA.

[But this does not relate to non-encrypted sample sets which may be used right after installation without any dongle update, and it also does not relate to HW5, where the licences for the dongle are supplied by me, not by MDA.]
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

Pete_K

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I received a license update today. The bad news is that when I tried to install it a message popped up saying it couldn't be installed because a second license update request had been created, which is not correct. Should I go ahead and create a NEW license update request and submit it? The message said not to do that unless specifically directed to do so by MDA or a vendor.

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 9:53 pm

All V4 license updates are being processed today or have been processed. If you are still having issues, please resubmit your request.

Pete, I have reached out to you directly to get this resolved for you.

Jack you should have yours as well, sorry for your delay.

This issue with waiting for updates has been resolved with iLOK and version V. It is instant from MDA. So this frustration with waiting will be over once you upgrade.

Reminder V4 license updates will not be supported past March 31, 2020 and the introductory pricing on upgrading expires on 1.31.2020. If you need an upgrade coupon please email me at upgrades@hauptwerk.com

Thanks for your patience and we move toward the new and improved iLOK licensing management system.
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Pete_K

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 12:07 pm

Thanks, Michelle. Apparently I need to generate and submit a new license update request, so I have done that. Any help you can provide in getting it processed would be appreciated. I can provide you with the order number that was used in the submission form if that would be helpful.

Cees H

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 4:39 am

I'm a user of Hauptwerk 4.2 version.

I bought a sampleset from supplier Voxus Organs (the Muller Organ of Haarlem) and I have send a license update request file on Monday 27 january. However, I read on a forum that no more licenses are given for Hauptwerk 4.2. Is that true? Then I still have a problem. I hope it will be read on this forum and maybe anyone from MDA can help me.

Greetings,
CvdH

mdyde

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 4:48 am

Hello Cees,

My understanding is that Milan Digital Audio will still be processing v4 sample set licence update requests (for those people continuing to use v4) until 31st March 2020, as Michelle mentioned earlier in this thread (and as is covered in more detail here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133617 ).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Cees H

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 4:53 am

Okay, thanks! I'm still waiting...

Gr. Cees

mdyde

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 5:13 am

Thanks, Cees.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 am

Pete,

I believe you are taken care of but I am going to touch base with you via email.

Thanks!
M
Michelle Qualley
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 8:59 am

Cees,

I just reached out to you directly to be sure you are satisfied!

Thank you!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion