It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

Concordia Casavant re-release and Spring BOGO

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

seh52

Re: Concordia Casavant re-release and Spring BOGO

PostMon May 18, 2020 8:16 am

I appreciate upgrades to sample sets!
Is there a way to compare the sound of the organ before and after in 4.2?
Will you be notifying those of us who have the original version when the upgrade is available, and how to obtain it?

smfrank

PostMon May 18, 2020 9:42 am

While you're at it, higher resolution screenshot(s) would be nice :)
Steve
Steven Frank

Lougheed

PostMon May 18, 2020 9:49 am

I've played the trial. Very nice. Will be placing an order. :-)

smfrank

PostMon May 18, 2020 10:59 am

From what I can see from the screenshot, there is a fourth manual for the smaller Solo and fewer couplers. Is that right?
Steve
Steven Frank

Lougheed

PostMon May 18, 2020 2:59 pm

smfrank wrote:From what I can see from the screenshot, there is a fourth manual for the smaller Solo and fewer couplers. Is that right?
Steve

That's correct. Three stops.

Of course you can have those stops available on any manual. In my case I have left in unassigned, and will use the solo on I and solo on II thumb pistons of my 3-manual Rodgers console.

(Solo on Great and Solo on Choir is available on the touch screen).

Right now I'm experimenting with adding a touch of Hauptwerk reverb . . . like the fairy tale . . . need just the right amount.

giwro

PostFri May 22, 2020 10:26 am

Thanks to all who have ordered - I posted a new demo on Cotrebombarde, Chant de Mai by Jongen - really shows the romantic side of this set well: https://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/39398

Enjoy!
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

seh52

PostFri May 22, 2020 10:42 am

How do I buy the $39 4.2 upgrade? I don't see that listed as an option on the website.

giwro

PostFri May 22, 2020 11:12 am

seh52 wrote:How do I buy the $39 4.2 upgrade? I don't see that listed as an option on the website.

I'll put that up this weekend and make a note here. In response to several who have asked, we are adding the Schlicker samples back in (which also means the photo-realistic graphics will return, as will the LR jambs)> I want to get that package finished and uploaded first.
Jonathan Orwig

johnstump_organist

PostWed May 27, 2020 11:54 pm

I downloaded and installed today. My main screen (think it is called "ALL") only has three manuals, unlike the the screen shot on the website which shows four. Doesn't matter to me as I only have three manuals and use couplers to get the solo to different divisions. But when I right click on the Swell shoes, no menu comes to auto-detect them and I can't move them with the mouse. The Demo set had the four manuals and the swell pedals worked, but not the full set I have installed.
Did I do something wrong with the installation?
Also noticed some funny releases on a few notes, would you like a PM about them to see if there is a problem with them, or if that is just the way the actual organ behaved?
I also only have one monitor. The main screen is more or less useless to me as I can't read the stop names at all. I have a hard time reading them on the separate jamb screens as well, but can make them out more or less. That means if I'm to use to the instrument, I'd have to set pistons, switching screen views and then basically play from pistons with no hand registrations. Any chance of a simple stop jamb with just the stops in bigger, clearer fonts. NO keyboards or pistons, just stops and couplers?
John

giwro

PostThu May 28, 2020 11:01 am

johnstump_organist wrote:I downloaded and installed today. My main screen (think it is called "ALL") only has three manuals, unlike the the screen shot on the website which shows four. Doesn't matter to me as I only have three manuals and use couplers to get the solo to different divisions. But when I right click on the Swell shoes, no menu comes to auto-detect them and I can't move them with the mouse. The Demo set had the four manuals and the swell pedals worked, but not the full set I have installed.
Did I do something wrong with the installation?
Also noticed some funny releases on a few notes, would you like a PM about them to see if there is a problem with them, or if that is just the way the actual organ behaved?
I also only have one monitor. The main screen is more or less useless to me as I can't read the stop names at all. I have a hard time reading them on the separate jamb screens as well, but can make them out more or less. That means if I'm to use to the instrument, I'd have to set pistons, switching screen views and then basically play from pistons with no hand registrations. Any chance of a simple stop jamb with just the stops in bigger, clearer fonts. NO keyboards or pistons, just stops and couplers?
John

First of all, it is always polite (and good practice) to refer any support questions to the sample producer privately.... I think that doing so on a public forum should be reserved as a last resort when you are getting no response from the producer.

Having said that, you didn't do anything wrong with installation, and I apologize for not having the website updated yet to reflect the changes (more below)

Let me answer your questions as best as I can right now (I'm not where I have access to the set at the moment)

You can indeed click on the SW shoes - problem is, I think we set the clickable area too small - it's a fairly narrow band across the top of the shoe. Do remember you can also access the assignment from the menus as such:
Organ Settings > Expression/Crescendo Pedals and sliders/knobs. You can select the division you want from the list on the LH, then even click the Auto-detect button on the right

This set doesn't "match" the demo, as we just decided to release the original configuration with some added stops from the chapel Schlicker (there were some users upgrading that wanted to still have access to those stops as well as the better graphics). I still need to update the website to reflect the change. (and, we should make the demo match, too)

When the graphics were upgraded several years ago, the decision was made to not show the Solo manual (make it visible), although it is still available to be configured, again, by the menus: Organ Settings > Keyboards. You can select the division you want from the list on the LH, then even click the Auto-detect button on the right.

As for a simple screen, we'll have to discuss that as a team. It's not a trivial amount of work (especially once everything has been done already). The idea of this re-release was to provide a fairly low-cost eclectic instrument (and, to make the sound higher/better quality than the original release)

PM is not the best place for notifying of bugs, either, as I am not on the forum every day - you might post and find I've not answered (and thereby conclude I'm ignoring you!). You can always reply to the email address that your install info was sent from - I do check that regularly during the day, and even if I don't have a solution I try to acknowledge your message so you know I'm aware of it. You can also use the contact form on the website, http://www.evensongmusic.net/?page_id=330 if you don't feel like looking up the address from old email. We'd be happy to check into any suspect notes/releases and fix as needed.

I hope this helps!
Jonathan Orwig

johnstump_organist

PostThu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Thanks .for the answers. Sorry to have asked them here. The set has some fantastic sounds that are exactly the style of sound I like, especially the flutes and principals. I'm on the hunt for the right sounds with the right acoustic for possible use at my church if we decide to go with a HW setup. This is one is now high on my list.

As for the Simple Jamb layout, I would gladly pay for an upgrade that would yield that, I don't know how many others would, but it would have my vote.

John

giwro

PostFri May 29, 2020 1:29 pm

johnstump_organist wrote:Thanks .for the answers. Sorry to have asked them here. The set has some fantastic sounds that are exactly the style of sound I like, especially the flutes and principals. I'm on the hunt for the right sounds with the right acoustic for possible use at my church if we decide to go with a HW setup. This is one is now high on my list.

As for the Simple Jamb layout, I would gladly pay for an upgrade that would yield that, I don't know how many others would, but it would have my vote.

John

You are welcome, John.

The development team has determined that it is a pretty easy fix to add the simple screen - we have graphics we can use from another release. We are testing it now, and it will be a free update, most likely released this weekend.

All the best,
Jonathan Orwig

giwro

PostSat May 30, 2020 9:01 am

Hi everyone,

That sale is winding down - so glad so many have taken advantage of it. A couple of updates now as we head into the weekend:

A new demo on CB - some Jeanne Demessieux: https://contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/39514

We now have a new V5 demo set ready, and an update for the V5 set that adds a simple screen. I need to test it and verify all the controls work, but it should be out this weekend. I am sympathetic to the need for a simple screen, as my eyesight certainly isn’t what it was 20 years ago, either. We’ve decided that all future new sets will include one, since the HW community does indeed have a significant population who finds this helpful.

I’ll also get the upgrade ordering ready for previous users.

I apologize that all of this hasn’t been smoother and quicker - like many of you, our team’s lives have been disrupted by the pandemic. The requirements at my regular full time job (church musician) are constantly changing and evolving as this all unfolds, and sometimes after a long day (or week) at work there simply is not time or energy.

I hope you all are weathering this. Be safe, be kind, be well.
Jonathan Orwig

johnstump_organist

PostSat May 30, 2020 4:41 pm

I would say there is no need to apologize for anything. We have two great sample sets for a very generous price and you've been pretty fast to respond to everything and people's lives and schedules certainly aren't normal right now.
I'm very glad to hear about the simple Jambs, even on small sets with less crowded screens for regular stops, the simple jambs are a big help and the stops can often be arranged in a more logical fashion than the original layout of the organ.
I'm looking forward to it.
John

giwro

PostSun May 31, 2020 1:11 pm

johnstump_organist wrote:I would say there is no need to apologize for anything. We have two great sample sets for a very generous price and you've been pretty fast to respond to everything and people's lives and schedules certainly aren't normal right now.
I'm very glad to hear about the simple Jambs, even on small sets with less crowded screens for regular stops, the simple jambs are a big help and the stops can often be arranged in a more logical fashion than the original layout of the organ.
I'm looking forward to it.
John

Thanks, John.

Check your email for the update link....
Jonathan Orwig
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments