It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm

Newbie question.

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Joe_Vitacco

Newbie question.

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 am

I am piecing together a 1 manual and pedal system just for learning notes. I will use the most simple sound sample set, if they made one with 2 ranks I would be happy with it - 1 for pedal 1 for manual.

Could someone with a little more experience look this over for me and let me know if I will run into any problems?

I have a Yamaha P125 which has a USB to Host which does run Hauptwerk through a plug in. There is a delay as if I am playing on a pipe organ that is a distance away from the console. I have reduced the delay to the least there is and it is OK. This is a link to my keyboard specs.
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical ... oduct-tabs

I will use a standard AGO pedalboard with normal pipe organ contacts. My plan is to have it generate a MIDI signal with the below PIC-1 and then use the MIDI to USB converter by Roland and plug it into the same computer running Hauptwerk.

http://www.dtsmidisystems.com/uploads/1 ... manual.pdf

Could anyone with more knowledge tell me if they see any problems the MIDI converter I plan to use? I believe it will be fine.

My largest concern is with the P125 and the pedalboard will they be in sync with one another? A uniform modest delay is OK between the pedal and manual, but if they are different that would not be good.

Thank you very much for helping me with what must be very simple questions.

Joe Vitacco

engrssc

Re: Newbie question.

Joe_Vitacco

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 6:46 am

Thank you.

Does anyone see a technical problem with what I am doing or a potential of the pedalboard and keyboard not being in sync with each other?

Joe

jkinkennon

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 8:55 am

The delay you hear can be eliminated with the addition of an external audio interface for your computer. Something like a Presonus Audiobox USB 96 or many other similar devices. The keyboard and pedals will have nearly identical delays and the delay should not be noticeable with the external audio interface.

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI