It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:08 pm

Touchscreens

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Jeff C

Touchscreens

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 11:43 am

In a nutshell – I’m looking to buy two touchscreen monitors, either 22” or 24” inch. (I’m just being a little mindful of the space once the organ is in its final resting place, given that there will be a piano close by too.)

There are connections on the motherboard for HDMI, DVI, and VGA and there are spare USB ports to enable the ‘touch’. I’ve been using Iiyama monitors for the last 8 years or so without any problems so I was thinking about going down that route once again.

The reason I’m posting this is because I know there are different types of touchscreen (optical / capacitive etc) and I’m just wondering what would be the best to go for, for this purpose. I also intend screwing each monitor to a VESA mount so it can be swung out of the way when not in use.

Generally, I would look to buy something like this from Amazon but some of their descriptions seem to be a little vague and prices seem to vary considerably between monitors, even those of the same make, type and size.

As usual, any help with this is appreciated.

Jeff

engrssc

Re: Touchscreens

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Jeff C wrote:Generally, I would look to buy something like this from Amazon but some of their descriptions seem to be a little vague and prices seem to vary considerably between monitors, even those of the same make, type and size.

And with Amazon (at least Amazon US) prices and availability can vary day to day. When looking for a specific item I check every day. You also need to watch who the supplier is, some have a long lead time.

Rgds,
Ed

IainStinson

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 12:52 pm

Have a look at
https://www.iiyama-monitors.co.uk/categories/touchscreen
I've had two two 24” Iiyama ProLite T2452MTS-B1 for a number of years and they are greeat.
Good luck

Iain

Andrew Grahame

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 1:29 pm

Check these out.

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-24 ... ccessories

I have two of them, on VESA mounts. They are excellent - precise, clear and with a non-reflective screen surface which avoids catching glare from room and console lighting.

Andrew

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI