It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

Soon to be released (very soon!)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ReinerS

Soon to be released (very soon!)

PostThu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm

Rather than posting many words here, please have a look at the info booklet for the new Pipeloops sample set. You can download it here.

Best regards
Reiner

IainStinson

Re: Soon to be released (very soon!)

PostSat Nov 07, 2020 4:28 am

This is appears to be a most interesting instrument. The specification is at the end of the excellent booklet ( in German and English).
Main points:
Two manuals and Pedals. “European style”. 38 speaking stops Three manual divisions. Manuals divided (bass and treble). Adjustable sound perspective (close and distance). Sampled tremulants. Portrait and landscape displays. HW 4.2 and HW 5 (via iLOK). 24 bit uses about 9GB of memory.
Demos will be available..
Do read and enjoy the booklet and I’m sure this will be another fine instrument.

Iain

ReinerS

PostSat Nov 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi Iain,

glad you like the booklet :D

BTW, only the Hauptwerk is divided, manual I is not. And the cuckoo is sounding really nice :wink:

I hope you will try out the organ as soon as I am releasing it (as always, the full set will be available for trial) and like it as much as the booklet!

It really is a fascinating organ, did not come across anything like it, it really is a unique blend of baroque flavors.

DomD

PostSat Nov 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Interresting organ....Patrick Collon is a very good organ builder. I think I'll have al lot of pleasure to discover and play it (as I had and I always have with the Nagold sample)...... my only regret is that with the Nagold Demo it was possible to use 7 stops...... so there were a lot of possibilities (as I show in my recording on CCH.... 2 Trips in Nagold), and here just 3 stops to be used without sound interruption.... really not a good idea to test the sample. Could you please, dear Reiner, extend the demo version ?

adri

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 4:22 am

Hello Reiner,

On paper, it looks like a really interesting and unique organ. I am definitely going to try it out for 14-days.

Are you going to make the two divisions of Manual II available on two separate manuals, turning the virtual organ into a 3-manual option? I am happy that you make a switch available to link the divided stops!

How would you describe the acoustics of the room? The church's website has two videos, but they aren't professionally done, so I have no real idea.

Good luck putting the finishing touches upon this sample set.

-Adri

ReinerS

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 am

DomD wrote:... and here just 3 stops to be used without sound interruption.... really not a good idea to test the sample. Could you please, dear Reiner, extend the demo version ?

Hi Dominique,
honestly I think that providing the entire uncrippled sample set (unlike others do) with just some brief periodic muting is a fair compromise and allows potential users to fully explore the sounds of the set. Also please keep in mind that this apllies only to the HW4 version of the set, for HW5 the full set can be used for 2 weeks without any limitations at all by asking me for a trial activation code.
Last edited by ReinerS on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ReinerS

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 7:33 am

adri wrote:Hello Reiner,
How would you describe the acoustics of the room? The church's website has two videos, but they aren't professionally done, so I have no real idea.
-Adri

Hi Adri,
the acoustic is rather dry and very precise. Also the room with its wooden ceiling structure is literally swallowing the bass frequencies, which is the reason for giving the organ fairly strong bass stops. The reverb time is around 1-1.5 seconds.

ReinerS

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 7:51 am

adri wrote:Hello Reiner,
Are you going to make the two divisions of Manual II available on two separate manuals, turning the virtual organ into a 3-manual option? I am happy that you make a switch available to link the divided stops!

-Adri

Hi Adri,
no, I actually did not consider that and have no plans to provide that. After all it is a 2-manual instrument, regardless of the fact that some of the pipework is located on a separate chest and can be turned on/off with a separate ventil. I don't want to alter the character of the instrument in any significant way.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments