It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

Ilok asks me to select a location but isn't giving me any op

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Gedact8

Ilok asks me to select a location but isn't giving me any op

PostTue Dec 08, 2020 5:18 am

I am trying to reinstall everything on a new hard drive but when I am trying to activate HW in Ilok it asks me to select a location but it does not give any location to activate it to. How do I to activate it or am I no longer able to activate a HW5 license?

mdyde

Re: Ilok asks me to select a location but isn't giving me an

PostTue Dec 08, 2020 5:37 am

Hello Gedact8,

Based on a look at PACE's system, I see that you currently have a Hauptwerk Lite Edition subscription licence, which is currently activated to your iLok Cloud account.

Is that the licence you're referring to? Do you mean that you're just trying to set everything up on your new hard-drive to use that licence as before, via iLok Cloud? If so, then you don't need to activate anything, since it's already activate in your iLok Cloud account; in iLok License Manager you just need to go use 'File | Open Your Cloud Session' from the menu. Once you've done that, iLok License Manager and Hauptwerk will 'see' and use your existing Hauptwerk Lite Edition licence.

Note also that a subscription licence (such as your Hauptwerk Lite Edition licence) is equally valid for *all* v5+ Hauptwerk versions. Hence I would recommend installing Hauptwerk v6.0.1 ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19228 ) instead of v5. It has a lot of improvements over v5, and you're subscription is equally valid for v6, so you might as take advantage of it -- it wouldn't cost you anything additional.

Or do you mean that you're also trying to do something else, such as register a new/different licence, or move your existing Hauptwerk Lite Edition licence to an iLok dongle?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Gedact8

PostSat Dec 12, 2020 11:26 pm

I de-activated it before replacing the hard drive in the event it wouldn't let me activate it due to an existing activated copy on the old hard drive.

mdyde

PostSun Dec 13, 2020 4:41 am

Hello Gedact8,

Thanks for the update.

Hauptwerk/iLok licences aren't tied to computers or hard-drives, and can't be activated to computers or hard-drives as such -- they can either be activated to an iLok dongle, or to iLok Cloud.

Also, you don't actually need to 'activate' your licence, since it is/was still activated to your iLok Cloud (which will work on any computer or hard-drive). You just need to have your iLok Cloud session open on the new system ( 'File | Open Your Cloud Session' from the menu within iLok License Manager), and it should then automatically see your existing activated licence.

Do you mean that you still had your iLok Cloud session open on your old hard-drive, and are/were having difficulties opening your iLok Cloud session within iLok License Manager on your newly-replaced hard-drive?

If so, have you resolved that, or do you still need our help with it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Gedact8

PostMon Dec 14, 2020 8:22 pm

I thought I could only have one installation active so I deactivated it on the old hard drive. When I come to activate the license again I am asked to select the license from the menu box which appears in the list and a location from a second box which is empty, the second box is appearing as empty and the activate button is greyed out with only the cancel button available.

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Good evening Lee,

Your Hauptwerk subscription is "Active" right now and I see that you are using the cloud. The button is greyed out because your license is already activated.

What you want to do is "Close all your cloud sessions" then re-open it. So

1. In iLOK Manager go to File | Close all cloud sessions (if not greyed out)
2. Go back to File | Open my cloud session
3. Start Hauptwerk... you should be up and running.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Gedact8

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 am

Thanks for the support, it is working

Return to Technical support